USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

actually, its quite simple, red. they define it first by who/what the institution is.

as much as i f'ing hate bama, i agree with this.

the nazi's are dragging their feet and i will be surprised if anything at all happens.

1 person likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I really think that they already decided to basically "nol pross" it, but are now considering what their liabilities are if they do slap the wrist. They're already probably in damage control before they announce little or no sanctions.

1 person likes this.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

yep and yep

1 person likes this.
  4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

just for some food for thought..

Scarbinsky: If elected, Auburn should serve as 2004 national champs | al.com

that would tip the balance of the BCS further in the SEC direction. 7 BCS titles out of 12 for the SEC.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Beginning to think? You mean at one time you thought that the NCAA would actually hand down a stiff penalty to the condoms?:huh:

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Interesting:

Auburn worthy of 2004 title

If USC didn't win the title in 04 fairly, as bad as Okla. lost to them, I would say Auburn should be named the 2004 champions.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

and some say LSU backed into the championship in '07. Jeez! :lol:

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Everybody understands that U$C was riding dirty .... real dirty. Inducements, violations, substance abuse ...... it was truly a LOIC situation.

I also think that the average, reasonably-well-informed CFB fan understood that Oklahoma should've never been voted into that game. That game was engineered solely for ratings, .... the very purpose of the Bowl Championship Series.

I have little doubt that Auburn would have dominated Oklahoma and would've given USC an even game.

Rushing Defense: USC #2, AU #12, OU #13
    Passing Defense: AU #8, USC #36, OU #65
    Pass Efficiency Defense: USC #5, AU #24, OU #43
    Total Defense: AU #5, USC #6, OU #23
    Scoring Defense: AU#1, USC #2, OU#14

All stats from the NCAA site: web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/ranking_summary/DIVIS ION1.HTML

And with only a few weeks to go in the season .... from our friends at the four-letter network:

[​IMG]

All the chatter about Auburn's strength of schedule was just a smokescreen to obscure the view of CFB's ugly voting and ranking process. All but the blind can spot a manufactured outcome.

The AP has a golden opportunity to right a widely-recognized wrong and, in the process, to validate why the AP chose to distance themselves from the BCS's "process."

1 person likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It has to go to Auburn. It would be a crime if that championship didn't go to Auburn. I believe that team would have beaten USC and OU anyway.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How can they not? Nobody is lining up to defend USC. University Presidents are not going to pre-judge before a decision is announced, but if USC gets a wrist-slap, the NCAA is going to get a full-court press from the universities that they serve.