USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

More articles on the NCAA's investigation into USC.

Trojans could learn their NCAA fate by week's end - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo! Sports

Trojans could learn their NCAA fate by week's end

By Matt Hinton

Only four short years after the NCAA opened its illegal benefits investigation into Reggie Bush's final season at USC, a ruling is on the way, according to Yahoo! Sports colleague Dan Wetzel, who reported via Twitter on Monday that the NCAA infractions committee will hand down its report later this week – likely including sanctions, if applicable. USC officials made their case in front of the committee in February, and initially expected to receive a response by mid-to-late April. That timeline was interrupted when Bush was finally ordered to testify in a dogged lawsuit by Lloyd Lake, one of the would-be agents who allegedly funneled cash and prizes to Bush and his family in 2005; with that suit hastily settled out of court a few days later and all parties subsequently silenced, there's nothing else to delay the verdict.

Carroll: 'Reggie Bush wasn't Reggie Bush' in scandal years. Oh yeah? - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo! Sports
    Carroll: 'Reggie Bush wasn't Reggie Bush' in scandal years. Oh yeah?

By Matt Hinton

Revising his earlier projection on the timeline to announce its findings re: USC's l'affaire de Bush, Y! Sports colleague Dan Wetzel guessed Wednesdays morning that a "lengthy" report will push the verdict to later in the month. For his part, ex-Trojan coach Pete Carroll told radio host Dan Patrick that, "the way everything was presented" during USC's date before the NCAA Infractions Committee in February, he "would be surprised" if his former team was hit with significant sanctions when word finally comes down. One of the reasons Carroll thinks that, apparently, is that he and his coaches didn't know what was going on with Bush or his family outside of the program, and had no reason to suspect anything – and why would he, when he thought of Bush as just another player in a 100-man locker room?
    "It's interesting, when you look back at that thing. Reggie Bush wasn't Reggie Bush when that all happened. He was Reggie Bush after all that stuff. We just had a young kid growing up in the program. So what you know after the fact when you look back at high-profile players and athletes and stuff is it doesn't always come clear to you when they're just growing up and they're just punk freshmen and sophomores. You don't even know."

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm not surprised at all that Pete Carroll had no idea that Reggie Bush was tooling around in a humvee...after all, like the article says, Reggie Bush was just a kid who was growing up in the football program.

I think he used to ride his bike to practice and traded his cigar box of baseball cards for a banana seat bike after his junior year. :hihi:.

3. stevescookin

[​IMG]

(just like the one little Kiffie used to have)

4. stevescookin

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Once the "sanctions" are announced, we'll have to merge this thread with the thread about nothing. I can't stand Pete Carroll, like he didn't know what RB was driving around in.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What about when he was a "punk" junior when most of the violations apparently took place, what about then Patricia? You know the time when the entire country was talking about him and the spotlight was directly on him? Way to try and lie your way into righteousness. :angry:

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Perhaps this was another reason Pete ran for the hills. Lots of coaches pack their bags when sanctions are on their way.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I had one of those when I was a kid. :shock:

9. stevescookin

Me too...real cool back then. I used to wear Bermuda shorts and surfer shirts.:thumb:.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

rivals radio said they didn't think the sanctions would amount to much