USA Today report re Title IX issues at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 15, 2020.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

USA TODAY’s previous reporting found that Ausberry, Segar and Lewis each failed to share other sexual misconduct and violence allegations against Davis and another football player, Derrius Guice, with the Title IX office before the November 2018 report. But the school has not investigated those breakdowns until now.

The Title IX report was not the only warning sign LSU ignored.

In 2017, a Louisiana nonprofit sexual trauma survivor advocacy group named STAR told the university it had concerns with the athletic department's handling of sexual assault prevention efforts.

In a letter addressed to top LSU officials – including the then-university president, Alleva and head football coach Ed Orgeron – the group detailed two incidents it found troubling. The first was a planned sexual assault awareness presentation featuring an athlete accused of rape in a high-profile case at another university. The second was a tweet by Guice, LSU’s star running back, that cast doubt on rape allegations against a high school classmate who had just been indicted by a grand jury.

STAR said it never got a response.

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

So a nonprofit sends a letter to the head coach, which I highly doubt he saw, about a tweet from one player and an incident at an entirely separate university, and this is evidence that the coach didn’t do something he should have? Are they kidding?

Fire Ausberry for all I care. But stop dragging O’s name through the mud with the most insignificant allegations.

Edit: Say it with me now, USA Today, the football coach is not an authority on sexual assault investigation or prevention.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

verge, lewis, and segar will be termed for this.... the issue for ed is what did he know and when did he know it? per the article an email was sent to alleva AND orgeron regarding guice. who know if that ties together? will be interesting to see.....

so glad this was published the day before signing day....

tzanghi likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It’s comin baws. Spread your ass cheeks.

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Good points. I still maintain that all O has to do is turn this info over to Title IX compliance (or rely on someone like Alleva to do so). If he did that, he’s clear in my book. The absolute last thing you want is a coach running his own investigation or getting involved with Title IX. That’s an absolute nightmare.

Hou-duco, TigerSnarl and kcal like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's time to fire the tennis coach

Rolan and tzanghi like this.
  8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Coach(s)

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Ok it looks like after reading the article, they finally stopped taking shots at O. Verge is absolute toast, like @kcal said. And they need a new Title IX investigative unit. But no misdoings on the staff reported. Of course the NCAA will sanction the living hell out of the football team for something it didn’t really have involvement in; shocker.

10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I'm not going to defend anyone without knowing all the facts, but I remember Segar being pretty straight laced toward NCAA violations. She was the one who caught the improprieties during the Miles regime. Probably saved us some sanctions back then. Again do not have all the facts so I could be all wrong.

Also I guess this is what we get for hiring a punk like Joe in the first place. Apparently he learned zilch from his time at Duke.

CalcoTiger and Winston1 like this.