USA Today Coaches Poll preseason Top 25 for 2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Aug 8, 2022.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/coaches-poll/2022-2023/2022-08-08/

No LSU, although in looking at the additoinal teams that received votes, we come in at #30.

I've never been one to put a lot of stock in preseason polls; however, I think there's enough talent coming back/new talent that would warrant a top 25 showing in the poll. I suppose the new coaching staff and uncertainty at QB are factors.

In any case, I can't see us remaining out of the top 25 for too long.

HoopHound and TBTrumpet like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Hopefully like 2018 lack of respect becomes launching pad

northernvatiger likes this.
  3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

seems like perfect bulletin board material for Coach Kelly and the new staff. I'm like NVT, I don't worry too much about preseason polls. We play in the greatest conference in the country. If we play well and handle our business, the polls will take care of themselves.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

That's perfectly fine with me! LSU has always played best when they were the underdog. Maybe they will play with a chip on their shoulder and surpass everyone's expectations!

Winston1, TBTrumpet, Hou-duco and 2 others like this.
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Get on the field & prove it!

What did anyone expect, after 2 consecutive losing seasons?

Getting Blown out by Kentucky & Ole Miss among others doesn't help our case & certainly doesn't smell like Top 25., does it?

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I don’t really care about starting polls. The entertainment for me is wrapped up mainly in the top 25 head scratchers. The picks that cause you to go “WTF.” I can be real about LSUs starting spot. But, some of those above us leave me saying…really?

TBTrumpet and Winston1 like this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

they have the ducks at #12,.. probably too high,.. we have talent, but we have an unknown situation at QB,.. and a first time rookie head coach with all new young assistant coaches as well,.. still, i'm excited to see how it unfolds,.. i like what i hear

i've been a duck fan since 1974, this is our first defensive minded head coach in all that time

we play georgia in atlanta on september 3

@shane,.. what do you think?.. can we get a couple, three more seasons in before the college game totally turns to shit?

8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The reality is preseason polls are simply to generate interest in the upcoming season. Compare any preseason poll to the final poll and they are not even close. I'm ready to show it on the field!

Perple likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

my 02 is it’s done once they form a union….

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

They mean even less now than they used to. During the BCS days it was important to start high because you might not get a chance to jump someone ahead of you. In the CFP era, win all your games (or even just almost all), and you're in.