US standing in Middle East lower now than at end of Bush Administration

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Sep 17, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

Right lots of films have a POV, I am not sure what's wrong with that.

You don't see Obama calling bowling for columbine distasteful. ThE government should always have no opinion with respect to political positions in films.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The government did not do so. It only called the film inflammatory, distasteful, poorly made, and a private film not representative of government policies. All of which is true.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

Why is the government disrespecting the religious opinions of private citizens?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Itwas not. I was disrespecting inflammatory hate messages that cause death and discord, NOT questioning his religion.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Did the film riot and blow anything up or did irrational crazies do it?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

if i murder people because obama offends me, will hillary admit that obama is reprehensible?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

if it happens to be true and relevant and politically advantageous, probably.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

you are implying that is true that the film is reprehensible. what part of it was reprehensible? you said before you are opposed to the audio overdub. not sure why you are opposed to simple filmmaking techniques that are employed in every film you have ever seen.

have you ever witnessed a film that had a POV that wasnt reprehensible? what was the difference between that film and this one?

is it reprehensible that you have a point of view and express it here? why not? what if i started killing people because of it? then would your words be reprehensible?

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i suppose i need a full understanding of the meaning of "reprehensible". but put it this way, if i were an actor in the film, i would be ticked off. particularly if the views expressed by the dubbed version were very different from my own.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

Well that would make you a pretty stupid actor. Actors are not the same as directors. They are not the boss. Sometimes they are dubbed, sometimes they are cut out of the movie entirely. You don't seem to understand how films are made. The director and the producers are the boss. It's about as reprehensible as a painter painting over his work with a new color before he is is finished. It's part of the process.

Actors are not paid to express their own views. And they are not responsible for the lines in the movie.

Not sure if you know this, but for example, the guy who plays hitler in a movie might not actually be a nazi in real life. This is why they call it acting.

Also of note: the guy installing the pro Israel sign in the subway might not actuall be pro Israel.

D you think the Obama administration was defending the rights of actors when they call out the film?

They are not. You are making a very stupid argument. You you would not make this argument if a conservative was not happy with a movie about global warming.