Urban Meyer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Jan 2, 2021.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I basically look at Saban as giving us a title and putting us on the right track to win a couple more. He’s also cost us about that many. I hate the laundry he wears.

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The exception being when you perform on gnome king as a matter of religious conscription of course.

Closet "For"

3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I feel mostly the same way with regards to his coaching. Everyone is building to beat his team so it makes everyone better, especially SEC teams. Our championships mean more because they make you earn it.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Is being married to your 1st cousin really a marriage?

Bengal B, furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#happily

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

By what stretch of twisted logic do you think Tiger fans are going to root for 2 more titles for Satan?

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

He is without a doubt the most successful college football coach in history, but when you look at so many others near the top; Bear, Eddie Robinson, Bowden, Paterno....you always heard from guys who played for them about how they would "run through a wall" - to use a cliche' - for their coach. Do Saban's players ever talk like that? I'll ask @XXL TideFan to address this: do you think Bama players through history would have preferred to play for Bear or Saban? My point is, you watch Saban, and even when he's holding a NC trophy over his head, you don't see joy on his face. Satisfaction? I'm sure, but it reminds me of the beatdown T-Bob gave a supposed Bama fan on the air a couple of weeks ago. When Saban does retire, he'll probably look back and be angered by the failures more than he will be happy with the successes, and that just seems to be a crappy way to go through life. If "the process" gives you no joy, what's the point?

Bengal B, 65Grad, furduknfish and 3 others like this.
  8. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

9. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

I believe that we must wait a while before asking former players of their feelings during trips down memory lane. I can’t say exactly what drives Coach Saban but failures are certainly an impetus to improvement. After 30+ years in automotive manufacturing I can say that “process driven” and “continuous improvement” applies to him. You move from a major success to the next challenge without enjoying the accomplishment. I was a Golden Gloves boxer in mid 70s...the only fight that I can remember is getting my ass beat for the state championship and coming in 2nd place.
    Running through walls reminds me of a rah rah type of coach and everyone knows that he is not that.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    furduknfish and mctiger like this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member