Urban Meyer is in deep trouble after new report surfaces

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TSdude, Aug 1, 2018.

?

Do you think Urban Meyer will be fired prior to 2018 season?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

culture surrounding the peogram

uscvball likes this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

I hear ya. Slippery slope though. We want athletes that play a violent sport to be aggressive and talented, but we expect squeaky clean, upstanding citizens, etc as well. And, we want coaches that can push them, teach them, but no baggage at all. What do teams like this have, 20 or so coaches? Each with aggressive, athletic backgrounds. Every team in America has coaches who have domestic crap going on, I promise you, regardless of program culture. HCs may become rare breeds before too long.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Any group of macho guys are going to do some locker room bragging about their sexual escapades, whether true or fiction. What they leave out is talk about beating their wives and girlfriends. You cam expect a head coach to know the real truth about every coach on his staff as well as keeping tabs on all the players likely to get into some kind of trouble.

Just doing the things necessary to have a winning program is more than any 2 full time jobs. Throw in that coaches have way less job security than most other professions. I hear that Zach Smith was not all that good of a WR coach. He would have been fired for that reason alone had it not been for Meyer's relationship with Smith's grandfather.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Penis photos at the Whitehouse?!?! I'm very disappointed to know there's someone out there sicker than me.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Sorta yes and sorta no. Big difference between coaching a violent aggressive sport where lots of em roid and expecting squeaky clean coaches. Zach Smith appears to have (had) an alcohol problem, Urban seems to have an honesty problem, football players seem to have a behavior problem. Wash, rinse, repeat for just about every team. College football has become profit-driven as opposed to what it once was. If everyone is honest, it's likely there are bag men at most if not all of the Top 20 and the entire thing is being ruled by one of the most corrupt and inept organizations in the country.

That said, I don't think it's asking too much for anyone representing a University to keep their johnson zipped when at the White House or to refrain from using their employer's facilities to have sex/get blow jobs or as the mailing address for thousands in sex toys. There have been legendary coaches in the game and while I'm not sure exactly when or why it turned, they would be horrified at a lot of what's going on today.

Lastly, cheating, beating, substance abuse, and law-breaking is more than just "baggage".

7. ParadiseiNC

Yes, fire the offender for those actions, but the HC 3 years later?

tirk likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Urban's issue is a) lying, and b) failing to report or make known the information he had regarding coach Smith, and failing as an employee, to honor the Code of Ethics of Ohio State. He's the HC....he needs to own that. Only Ohio State can determine if it's a terminable offense. I don't believe they will fire him.

ParadiseiNC and didit like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Urban is not lying about having reported it to the higher authority in 2015 he should be off the hook. All coaches lie to the media. Lying to the media is not the same as lying to your boss or the legal authorities. Should he have fired Smith? Yes, unless he believed Smith's side of the story.

I have had women tell me they were abused by their husbands and boyfriends and me tell me what a lying bitch their wives or girlfriends are. Unless I have first hand knowledge i really don't know what the truth is.

ParadiseiNC likes this.