News Urban Meyer in a whole heap of trouble

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajunbob678, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I did know the AD was black but I don't think race is a factor unless Gene Smith is made a sacrificial lamb and Urban keeps his job. If Meyer was telling the truth about having reported the incident to the proper channels that would be the AD. But what did he report? If the info did implicate Zach Smith as an abuser Gene Smith should have ordered Meyer to fire him immediately. If Meyer reported a watered down version then the AD may have property decided that no acyion was necessary at that time.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Kinda what I said. I think someone has got to go and Smith is more likely than Meyer, regardless of fault. It's about the optics....someone is going to cry racial foul, right or wrong.

3. didit

didit Veteran Member

There's also the optics that Urban flat out lied about knowing about the incident also...

stevescookin likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

What pot you stirrin'?

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

BTW, finally some off season drama.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU hired yet another analyst, former USC QB Sean Salisbury. Salisbury said he was impressed by the amount of experience on this coaching staff.

Coach Ed O said he was embarrassed by how much more detailed Alabama's game plan was than the Tigers last year and vowed not to let it happen again.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah I believe that.

Didn't Sean Salisbury get fired for a dick pic he denied. And then filed a wrongful lawsuit. Should fit right in.

I disliked him when he called ugly John Clayton the crypt keeper albeit funny. He's unprofessional as fuck. I also liked Clayton's info and love for the game. I'd rather hire him.

furduknfish and kcal like this.
  8. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I think O is trying to make LSU become USC. And the embarrassment about the BAMA game? All I can think of with that is how we reverted back to the Miles offense in that game in his interim year with CSE at the helm

el005639 likes this.
  9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I read that on the Net last week. Must have been a Michigan booster.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I never saw that he denied it. He whipped out the cell phone pic at a bar and then loose lips sunk his ship. He was suspended. He did sue Deadspin/Gawker because they truly were relentless in their coverage of his uncoverage.

Never was a fan of Salisbury.....he seemingly has turned things around the last few years. No idea what kind of coach or analyst he'd be but he does know the game.

Clayton was not a Salisbury fan. Dual roasting going on here...

I wouldn't hire the crypt keeper either.