Upon further review

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Now that Coach O has been hired and the Gumbo is simmering on the stove and we await the next steps regarding hiring a coordinator etc it's a good time to take stock .
    First I'm glad O was hired. He earned it. There's some skepticism out there but at LSU the first thing Jesus walking on water would be asked is 'Why can't you swim?' That's simply the playing field here.
    The bigger issue is not if O was the right choice but why he was the only choice and that is what brings us to our Athletic Director.
    I'm afraid word on the street among quality coaches is Alleva doesn't inspire confidence or faith. He's a third tier bean counter with a tendency toward petty office politics.
    His handling of Miles -be it you were pro or against Elmer's departure- was heavy handed and clumsy. Alleva came out looking vicious the way he left Miles twisting in the wind November '15 or inept because his coup was eventually outflanked and squashed. Adding insult to misery is after all that, firing Miles in September made entire endeavor look schizophrenic. Although necessary it screwed the season being the equivalent of a MLB team firing their manager in May.
    Moral of the story: Alleva has no street cred out on the college landscape and is seeen as a petulant tool lacking character or loyalty. It is these factors and not only Jimmy Sexton's greed that might have been the determining influence on why LSU 'had their man all along.'
    > discuss among yourselves<

LSU_4_LIFE, kluke, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Alleva is an incompetent dipshit.
    Almost every hire he's ever made in his career (both here and at Duke) has been a disastrous crapfest.

and THAT is the reason i was against firing Miles until the last moments.
    not because i thought Miles was great. but because i was praying Alleva would be gone before we had to pull the trigger.

LSU_4_LIFE, kcal, TheRealist and 3 others like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The folks in charge of Alleva are as bad if not worse.

4. Don Castavez

I agree entirely. In my younger years you had people on Board of Supervisors who knew football and bled purple and gold such as Mckeithen and Dore'. Today it's political hack ass kissers who have never been in Tiger Stadium.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

All you need to know: Duke Lacrosse.

6. Don Castavez

It's an unfortunate fact that at the 'ol war skule' shit and incompetence often flows both upward and down