Upon further analysis, United was entirely WRONG

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Apr 11, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They have pilots needing to make other flights that could delay hundreds of other people.. Sometimes mechanics are randomly needed.

Happens a good bit. They can't drive bc of unions and there were no other airline flights til the next day. So they were stuck. As everyone said the bidding simply has to continue.

They sell double booked seats all the time bc of no shows. It's a shit business model made legal by corporate America. But hey it's in your contract that they can legally fuck you. So that's that.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In this case he had a right to be angry

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I still would have taken the loot. Delta is usually what I fly because I think my company uses them as a preferred provider but they are cheap as hell. I've never heard of being offered a grand, the last time i flew was out of Philly coming back to Louisiana and they started announcing they may have overbooked to my layover in Atlanta. They were only offering a couple hundred bucks. It ended up not being overbooked but had they offered 1000 bucks, I would have gladly taken it.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I agree and have said several times now, everyone has a price. I guarantee that at $2k, they'd have had 8 seats. It would have been a small price to pay to avoid what they now face. I think once Dao became THAT kind of a problem, it's time to re-group, re-assess, and find another option.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Sure, he can be angry. But he didn't cooperate with the police and he did become belligerent and somewhat unruly. That's a problem too. I've read the sentiment on here many times that if you just do what the po po tells you, there won't be a problem.

And after he was dragged off, he ran back on the aircraft. He's unstable at a minimum. Like several other passengers did at that point, I probably would have gotten off the plane. I don't like to fly with people who act bizarrely.
    I fly out of Atlanta regularly and on a rare occasion, usually weather related, I hear desk agents make offers but I've never heard one higher than $400 and a room.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Atlanta is a pain in the dick. Every time I fly through there it's usually where I get connecting flight my layover is like 30 minutes, i feel like I'm hauling ass every time.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

watson1880 likes this.
  8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I never had to connect thru Atlanta when I was flying a lot. It was mostly DEN, ORD, & LAX for me.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Flew out of Atlanta this morning. Be back in a week or two (into Atlanta)