Upon further analysis, United was entirely WRONG

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's a you problem, not a me problem.

Take a breath, counselor. Nobody disagrees with you that United will end up paying big. The only thing in doubt is whether the amount will be single or double-digit millions.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I did see another snippet taken from behind him. There's a uniformed police officer telling him he has to get off the plane. The doctor is on his cell phone and is saying he refuses to get off the plane, that he would rather go to jail, that he is going to sue United Airlines. The police tell him they can do it the easy way or the hard way. He basically told them to go ahead and use force because he wasn't getting off the plane.

United will still pay. However, if it's me and a police officer gives me a direct order to de-plane, I'm going to do so and deal with United later.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If there are Million$ involved I'll take the beatdown and kick their ass in court.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Exclusive footage of United pilot boarding his plane!!!

mctiger and Bengal B like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm sure you are not alone in that. As I said from what I saw in another clip, the passenger said straight up, before ANY of the physical altercation started, he was going to sue.

I'm still not going to act a fool on an airplane when a police officer is involved.

7. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I was just in Vegas and once I got to the Delta section of the terminal, it was "We are in an oversold situation and asking for volunteers...". Heard this about 20 times from 6 gates and around 12 flights preceeding mine.

On the flight, a medical emergency was announced and three "doctors" (+55 older white dudes) responded all from coach.

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I don't see United letting this get to court, if it does... huge "cash me on da ouside, how bout dat" verdit for plantif, with a real possiblity for it being overturned on appeal. Afterall the jackboots were Chicago PD or equivalent law enforcement agency... if it was an air marshall, that is federal and I would guess that they get just about any action "excused."

tirk likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I was wondering if the guy in jeans in the original cell phone video was an air marshall. This could end up being nothing more than financial negotiating between United's legal reps and this guy's attorney. If they can't even get in the same ballpark, United might go to court but likely you are right, they will want to avoid that.

watson1880 likes this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Of course they're gonna settle. Gay Asian Quack drama queen dragged off the runway in full tmz view.

HalloweenRun and watson1880 like this.