Upon further analysis, United was entirely WRONG

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Apr 11, 2017.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm skeptical.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You are entitled to it if it makes you happy. What you seem to be missing is that I said I'm surprised that the "everyone must be equal" community hasn't complained.

My lucrative telecom consulting career has been based around the ass-kissing of the Very Important Subscriber paradigm so yes, I totally get it. I hear the whiny grungy low-rev subs whine about not getting freebies like the business accounts do.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And as we all expected......

"Meanwhile, David Dao, the passenger at the center of the growing imbroglio, retained a high-powered Chicago personal injury lawyer, Thomas Demetrio.

Dao was in a Chicago hospital undergoing treatment for his injuries Tuesday, according to a statement from Demetrio, who is helping represent Dao and his family.

Demetrio's practice centers on medical negligence, product liability, airplane crash and commercial litigation on behalf of plaintiffs and he has negotiated more than $1 billion in settlements, according to the firm's website."

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lets see a show of hands of all who are not going to fly the Friendly Skies of United because of this

[​IMG]

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

United will make sure its a white dude they skull drag off next time. Buhlee dat.

No more random shit.

watson1880 likes this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Why wasn't a freakin doctor sitting in first class? Who was this guy, really? Dr. Pepper?

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Was he really Dr. Wu, or just an ordinary guy?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, what does "boarding" mean? Is there a LEGAL definition anywhere? It might be the case that in the airline industry boarding means the entire process of opening the plane to passengers right up until the time of take off... but it seems to me that a "boarding pass" indicates to a customer that once the pass is handed to an agent at the gate and he has entered the plane that he has boarded, regardless of whether he's sitting or still stowing his luggage. In fact, here is how the dictionary defines "board":

verb
    1. 1.
      get on or into (a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle).
    Unless United redefined "boarding" in its contract to something other than the layman's understanding of the term, or unless "boarding" is previously defined by statute somewhere in United's favor, well, I stand by my lead post: United will pay. United will pay big.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

For you younger guys, "Fly United" used to have sexual connotations!

shane0911 likes this.