Unofficial Reports: John Chavis New DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Re: DC Watch: John Chavis

absolutely.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, a sophomore QB who won the Heisman. They should really be ashamed.

3. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

Well it sounds like whether we like it or not he may be our man....atleast if you believe the buzz up here in Memphis....:yelwink2:

4. TC

TC Le Big Mac

When someone must explain sarcasm to you, ... :cool:

5. TC

TC Le Big Mac

I live in Memphis and have heard no buzz. :tigerhead

6. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

I guess its all in who you know! :wave:

7. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I am not a stat freak and fully admit I am too lazy to do the research to back up my impressions of the Tenn. football program but I was definitely under the impression UT's stuggles were mostly on the offensive side of the ball.

Seemed like whenever they had Cutcliff at the helm they were fully in the mix for an SEC Championship Game. I think everybody is aware of what a burden a bad offense is on the defense....can be simply demoralizing after a point. I think LSU's D played several games with zero passion because of the well known qb/offensive problems.

Also have to say I would cut Chavis some slack for struggling to beat UF over the years....i think somehow the Spurrier years got into Tenn.'s head after a while.

Anyway, I think Chavis would be a solid hire....but there may be someone better out there.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Tennessee's biggest issues are offensive. Chavis had his bad points, but you will find those of any Coodinator hire with a little scrutiny. His defenses were always solid in fundamentals, always played aggressive, always hit hard and always came to play.

Tennessee has had some talent issues the last few years, which has led to Fulmer's demise. Chavis is not a bad choice bny any means. He might arguably not be the best, but he's definitely a guy that should be on the short list and a 110% upgrade from the dual-headed hydra that is Peveto/Mallory.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I would think that, say Chavis did come to LSU, he would have a greater success as he'd have a ton of extra talent that he doesn't have at UT... and the fact that UT seems to be able to tackle batter then LSU would bring back solid fundamentals that we seem to be lacking. I could see him having a top 2 or 3 defense with the guys we have.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

It's been resported on the Jim Donnan radio show in Atlanta that Chavis has agreed in principle to a deal with LSU. I would think that if a radio station were to break a legitimate story, it would be a Knoxville or Baton Rouge radio station. According to the radio schedule, the Jim Donnan Show is only on Mondays and Thursdays from 1PM to 3PM. That means this rumor was either launched last Thursday or will be launched today or is B.S.

Now, I don't know how much weight to give this. I could very well be another one of those internet/radio rumors like Tenuda last year. I do like that Chavis is getting some positive talk in regards to LSU though.