Unofficial Reports: John Chavis New DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Comments by Vol fans on a Tenn forum reacting to the news of Chavis to LSU:

Honestly... It's much better for us if LSU is the beast of the West instead of Bama... For both Tiebreaker and Recruiting purposes. This may prove to be helpful down the line.

I'm really surprised he didn't opt for the NFL....but congratulations to the Chief!!!

This is GREAT for the Chief! And, Great for LSU- with the talent level that they have, he will be putting the top defenses in the NCAA on the field year in and out. All LSU needs is a QB and they are right back in NC contention....

I was hoping he would go to Clemson. Good pick-up by LSU

Congratulations to Chavis. He will have extremely tough defenses at LSU. He will have good DL and plenty of speed and the kicker is he will not have to venture very far to recruit. Great for Chavis! Let's go Vols!!!!!

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah I didn't quite get the part about "everyone else breaking the story". No one on here said anything. That post is oddly misplaced.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i thought the whole thing was funny. :hihi:

maybe the "everyone else breaking the story" was talking about boards in general. i saw it as a play on so often the "i have a source" posts. :hihi:

edit: who was it that swore saban was staying? i cant remember.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

It's just odd period. Apparently, this is some sort of ego thing.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Bingo!!!!!!

Or maybe I did know, hmmmmmm.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Here are some comments by a Tennessee blog:

Let me be succinct: great hire for LSU....this is one hell of a hire for LSU. Put it this way, I think Les Miles still has more questions to answer about his abilities than John Chavis does. Great hire. From an insider's perspective Chavis's defensive players never quit and give everything they have for him. It's one of many reasons why I said my ideal situation at Tennessee would be leaving Chavis with complete control of the defense and making Mike Leach UT's head coach. I don't know very many Vol fans who weren't sad to see him go.

Earlier, when asked by an LSU fan what he thought of Chavis, he responded:

I really think LSU would be crazy not to hire him. I've been talking with some of my Georgia friends lately and telling them the one hire they could make that would really scare me would be replacing Martinez with Chavis. ... Put plainly, Martinez is not a top-caliber coordinator. Chavis is. So I'd say if LSU can get him, you should thank your lucky stars and start saluting him on the sideline.

7. gotigers39401

gotigers39401 Founding Member

ESPN REPORTS CHAVIS TAKES DC JOB FOR LSU

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:.....www.espn.com...Looking good for the tigers.:helmet:

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Re: ESPN REPORTS CHAVIS TAKES DC JOB FOR LSU

Nice catch. As of 10:46pm, this is the link.

9. gotigers39401

gotigers39401 Founding Member

Just woke up and came to work and didn't see the post ...sorry:hihi:.

10. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I don't see any reasons he wouldn't. He did fine with the DBs when he wasn't co-DC. and he's got quite a few horses to play with.

So.. I know this isn't the recruiting board.. but do you think this gives us a legitimate shot at any of the bigshot linebackers?