Unofficial Reports: John Chavis New DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2008.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Re: DC Watch: John Chavis

Who is Chavis? WR, DB ???:huh:

1 person likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

chavis jackson the cb.

1 person likes this.
  3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Does the fact that Chavis hasn't made a move yet give us hope that LSU may still have a shot for him as DC? I thought Clemson had him, but he's still out there. :LSU231:

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I dunno about the group, but I'm totally confused by this whole "DC search".

Are we getting one? Is Miles demoting someone... WTF???

For one, I would think that the opportunity to become DC at LSU would be a GREAT one. One of the best.

Secondly, I was under the impression that Miles was going to do this BEFORE the bowl game, but indications are now at 50/50 of it going down that way.

Third, I think I speak for the group, we'd all be real anxious to see what our new D would look like for the bowl. Without a new DC, I think most of us expect similar results.

And last, I really hope Miles suprises us and hires a good one, just like he did with Pelini and Crowton. I hope that in the next 24-48 hours we've got someone!

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well Chavis is my guy, and now it appears LSU may be going after him.

He surely hasn't signed up with Clemson just yet and that says a lot.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

It wasn't two days ago we were all saying Koenning. Now it's Chavis again? It wouldn't surprise me if Miles hires some guy none of us were expecting.

7. TC

TC Le Big Mac

If there is a DC move, it's likely to be after the bowl at this point. The D will get embarrassed by GaTech's triple option if they're distracted by the shuffling of staff beforehand.

Last year, Texas played the Holiday Bowl on December 27th. They won a shootout vs. Arizona State. On January 3rd, Wil Muschamp was introduced as their new DC.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Like Spaziani or Bumpas?:milesmic:

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

LSU returns to practice Sunday and will work out through Dec. 22. LSU will fly to Atlanta on Christmas day and resume practice Dec. 26. ... LSU plays Georgia Tech at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 31
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/featured/35781184.html

The LSU players were off practice for dead week and finals. During that time, the coaches have been hitting the recruiting trail.

Now, they have 1 week and 2 days of practice at LSU (Dec 13 to Dec 22), then 5 days of practice in Atlanta (Dec 26 to Dec 30)... 2 weeks of practice total. That's not enough time to have a new DC come in and get himself acclimated to his new job and environment and the players he has to coach and the coaches he has to work together with.

Besides, Mallory and Peveto have been with LSU since 2005. They have formed strong relationships with the players and coaches on our team. Relieving them of their positions, over the holiday nonetheless, would be a sad event to many on the team.

The best time to have a new DC take over is after the bowl game, giving him the whole off-season to get acclimated to his new job, and the best time to introduce a new DC to the players is when they come back to begin next season.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The best time for a new DC to take over is as soon as you realize that the current one/ones aren't getting the job done and you find a better replacement.