Unofficial Reports: John Chavis New DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2008.

1. DC

DC Freshman

Re: DC Watch: John Chavis

I'm not sure who y'all would like to come here (and would actually come here) but Chavis is a big upgrade from what we have now.

I'm excited about him coming (if my source is correct:milesmic:)

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Well, if it's true let me say that all the Miles haters are going to have to close shop and move on down the road because LSU is going to be a beast of a football team with these guys at the helm.

Also have to say although I never put much stock in the "Crowton is unhappy and may have wandering eyes" rumours......he would be crazy to leave with a stout defense to back him up. I don't know because i've never been in a locker room/coaches meetings but i imagine nothing makes a O coordinator feel better than knowing he has a defense to bail him out occasionally....kind of like playing golf with a best ball partner that has a wicked short game....no matter how bad things looks he can always bail you out with a long putt, chip in or timely up and down......:wave:

3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Chavis is definitely an upgrade. But any number of high school coaches would be too. And a few middle school and pee-wee.

And Chavis isn't known for his swarming D, his blitz packages, his nasty CBs who punch receivers in the chest so they don't even want to get off the line of scrimmage to face man coverage.

Tigers need someone younger, more aggressive, more innovative. The kind of guy whose defenses are feared, who can turn the spread offense into the dead offense. :angryfire

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Whose your guy?

5. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Would not have anything against that but is this guy available?

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Is this guy even alive?

7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux::crystal::helmet: Totally agree Chavis is a HUGE improvement over what's at LSU now, and I haven't been impressed by some of the other names mentioned on other threads. Robinson from Syracuse doesn't appear to be a world beater. Right now unless something unforseen happens, I see Chavis as the best candidate for DC and I hope he comes. He's proven in the SEC. No, he didn't have the best defense in the SEC each year, but he had a heck of lot of good ones. Also, as far as being Gator bait, most DC's who play them are. We certainly were this year. Pelini didn't do too bad against them. LSU was 2 - 1 against CUM while he was there. I think Chavis is the best choice for DC at LSU right now and unless someone a whole lot better comes into the picture, I hope we get him. :geauxtige:champs::LSU231:

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hes insinuating we talk lil napolean out of his crimson headdress.

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux::crystal::helmet: The guy I wish we could get is Will Muschamp, but he ain't available. :dis: Too bad, 'cause he's a good one. :geauxtige:champs::LSU231:

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, maybe we can after the spread offense makes Mt. Cody and Company little more than a grease stain in the floor of the Georgia Dome Saturday.