United States-N Korea Summit

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GiantDuckFan, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Glad he is not a left wing cock grabber

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's where you and I probably differ. I can identify wrong regardless of party affiliation. LaSalle is also very good at doing that- which is a good trait.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Anyone who loves this country should be rooting for Trump to succeed in this endeavor. Like him or not he was willing to go there and meet with him in an attempt to establish peace in that region and the world. For that, I give him credit and I wish him continued success.

That being said, this right here is as rich as it gets......
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...ising-trump-for-korea-summit-to-his-criticism

Winston1 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

North Korea had been China's wild-eyed front yard pitbull for years, but that's kind of been a relic since China embraced capitalism (in reality), and flourished. Flipping North Korea should have been easy picking for the last 20 years but career politicians don't have the spine and really don't care....their concern is getting reelected and/or moving their party forwards. They're self-serving cowards. They wouldn't dare take a 'risk' that cut come back and hurt their reelection chances. Trump is obviously not a career politician and not part of the establishment. He thinks it's the right move for Americans and he goes for it. I love that.

(And yes Kiki, i think the trade threats with China are a significant part of this shift)

p.s. Ayn Rand would have voted for Donald Trump for sure. She may even have had a #MAGA bumper sticker on her car.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The current climate of political debate is a huge trap, and I guess because I'm pretty conservative, I blame the left. I'd like to think I'm pretty fair in my praise or criticism of either side, but the best analogy I come up with for the current climate is this: I LOVE Popeye's Fried Chicken, but if someone held me down and forced it down my throat, sooner or later I'd start spitting it out. The current strategy of the left - all Trump hate, all of the time - is so overwhelming that I find myself wanting to defend him, even on the occasions when the criticism is justified.

6. LSUTiga

i get what you're saying but here's the difference, to me. Cuba didn't have nukes pointed at us. Also, I did not trust Osama because of how he handled things. Letting rioters run the fuck wild, destroying property, for one thing. That shit has stopped, hasn't it?

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Where were you from 08-16? Obama got raked over the coals for everything up to and including a fucking pin or saluting with a cup of coffee. This isn’t new.

GiantDuckFan and LSUTiga like this.
  8. LSUTiga

Yeah but he deserved it. :D

shane0911 likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well I take that back it may be new depending on who you get your News from or if you agree with the bitching. I mean hell I don’t recall 5 powerful democrats making a vow to block and obstruct everything Trump does. That happened to Obama. I’m not here to defend democrats, fuck how bad do you have to suck to make Donald Trump look electable.

10. LSUTiga

Nah, I actually not only agree with you but had the EXACT thought as you when I read MC's post. Obama got raked over the coals over everything. Some, rightfully so but some was unwarranted.

GiantDuckFan likes this.