UCF is a bunch of bitches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Jan 6, 2019.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

UCF is a G5 school, so they aren’t on even playing ground with P5. Until they can convince a P5 conference to take them, they need to take the extra step if they want to be taken seriously. If they’d have taken FU’s offer and won 2/3, all of a sudden they are hot shit. Might get a B12 offer. Short sighted to turn it down.

65Grad and Bengal B like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Any offer Florida could have made to even play them is reasonable. Miami made the same 2 for 1 deal with Louisiana Tech a few years back.

If UCF is serious the should do what Florida State did in thr 70's. They wrre a little respected independent with no football tradition. The only way they could schedule top rated teams was to play them on the road. Which they did and beat them.

Respect isn't given or deserved until it is earned.

Richdog likes this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

UCF also is bad at math.

Last I checked, aTm scored a few on us this season..

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

TheRealist, Brian, ROY_LA_CA and 2 others like this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

From the few times I saw them play before our game with them, I thought they were a fun team to watch and it was easy to pull for them. Then, when they declared themselves national champs last year, I thought it was ridiculous and they lost credibility, but still, it was basically harmless since no one outside of Orlando really cared or believed it. But after seeing how they played against us and the things they were saying after the game, I can't stand them or their obnoxious, sore loser fans.

It was supposed to be the game of 'no excuses', since they lost their starting QB and we were basically without our entire defense, but as soon as the clock struck zero they started in. My favorite was something to the effect of 'LSU is such a powerhouse, but can only beat an AA conference team with a backup QB who can't complete a pass by 8pt'. So they went from self proclaimed national champions last year and boisterous complaints about not making the playoff this year to 'we're just a tiny mid major football team so of course we're going to lose to P5 schools like LSU'. Uh, no. You can't be a defending national champ and deserving playoff team in one breath, then a tiny, small conference upstart whenever it suits you. The hypocrisy is laughable. Fuck those guys.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

First, only because they are from Florida, fuck them.

Second, the jorts offered a ridiculous 1&2 knowing somehow a hurricane would eventually skew the games in their favor. So double fuck them and basically all things Florida.

Can't we just give Florida to Cuba?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Setting aside the fact that it's the hated Florida how is a 1&2 offer ridiculous? That a P5 team would agree to give a G5 team any home game is exceedingly generous. Especially an in state school.
    What's in it for the P5? Nothing to gain and everything to lose. Can you imagine LSU giving USL a home and home, a 1&2 or even a 1&5? G5 teams are getting paid a million or more to play the P5s on the road.

Brian, fanatic and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I recall reading somewhere that their claimed loss of revenue playing away was $5M. I somehow doubt that given a 45K stadium, certainly not net.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Brian likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It’s not like FU is suffering by not having them on the schedule. Reevaluate the reality of the situation, idiots. And I’m pro-G5.

Also, as much hate as ND gets, at least they have a comparable schedule.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

give them what they want in spades. A season of home games. Each one against a different SEC opponent.