U.S. Open

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

If his knee wasn't hurt, I'd say he will easily win it tomorrow. Unless he was faking it, it looks bad. It should only be worse tomorrow.

I will bet you a $10 Sonic Gift Card that he does not win the US Open.

SONIC — My SONICĀ® Card

Loser has to send the card within 2 weeks.

2. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

You are right. Sunday we will see golf's version of the "Flu Game".

BTW: Lefty had a "qball316 moment" with that 9! I actually felt relieved to see that actually happens to pros.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Im also not so confident he will win. Even though he did not score well on the front he left a lot of shots out there with less pain, and under the same conditions I think he could win. If it is like on the back nine where he is literally hitting a slice to hit the fairway I am going to go with Westwood. Westwood has a great shot no matte how Tiger comes out. As awesome as the back nine was tonight there is no way Tiger is going to steal that many tomorrow no matter what his knee is like.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Westwood will fold like a cheap suit. Watch out for Ogilvie and Rocco. Tiger has to be the choice, though. He refuses to lose.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

American golf fans are not known for their brilliance. Whenever a golfer tees off they start screaming how great a shot it was, even before the darn ball lands. All they care about is how far it was hit. They don't seem to care where the ball ends up. It can land in a lake, and if it was hit over 300 yards, it was a great shot.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

If his knee was not bothering him, Tiger would win the Open in a walk. It is amazing that even with the knee he begins the last round in the lead. It is hard to conceive how he can win the tournament with his bad knee. I even wonder if he can finish the round, since it seems to be getting worse. I just hope he does not do any permanent damage to it. You have to assume he has had a long talk with his doctor about this.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I wouldnt be surprised to see Tiger take the rest of the summer off after this tournament. Its not worth risking permanent injury. I bet that knee was swollen like a balloon last night and I bet he has an army of therapists working on him up until tee off today.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

please. like tiger's knee is going to be an issue. he will block it out before every shot and win the open. unfortunately these late tee times will have this round ending about the time LSU baseball does. tivo time i suppose. will be impossible to not see the scores on espn during the game also so trying to avoid that is out.
    i dont believe mr westwood is going away quietly just yet plus you gotta love rocco's attitude.

ESPN - As others faltered, Woods held it together to take Open lead - Columnist

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Sooner or later the streak is going to end. The question is will it be today?

There are a couple of reasons to think it will. It has to end at some point and the knee.

There are a couple of reasons to think it won't. Tiger is unlike any other athlete I've ever seen and there are only a couple of players close enough to keep him from winning.

I suspsect Tiger's going to have to shoot 71 or better to win. And he's going to have to do it from tee to green because he's used up his allottment of made bombs.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tiger said it himself: "17 pars and one birdie".