Tulane Vs LSU Baseball-- TUE 3/26 6:30pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Mar 25, 2013.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Alabama will fade. They're not as talented at LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, or Texas A&M. The two teams from Alabama will finish at the bottom hence the reason the SEC HQ decided to expand the SEC tournament by two teams. They once again had to help the home state teams who otherwise couldn't earn it. As bad as they are we'll be playing in their backyard for the tourney again. Truly sad!

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

the starting pitcher for Tulane tonight is junior LHP Brady Wilson, a 6 foot, 2 inch, JUCO transfer who was 24-2 as a starter over the two years for JUCO powerhouse LSU-Eunice... he was named MVP of their pitching staff each of the last two seasons and led them to the 2012 NJCAA Division II National Championship

the starting pitcher for LSU tonight is freshman RHP Russell Reynolds, who was a Under Armour All-American coming out of high school, and was rated a 9.5 by Perfect Game (potential top 10 round pick)

Mainieri on Reynolds:

“Russell Reynolds, hopefully, will come back and pitch another gem like he did this past week,” LSU coach Paul Mainieri said. “That would be great for our staff as we put the finishing touches on the roles for everybody on our staff.”

"We're going to let him go (tonight), and as long as he's pitching effectively, he's going to stay in the ballgame," Mainieri said.

"He's got a lot of confidence. He's a kid who had a lot of success in high school, and he's a very competitive person. When he goes out there and challenges the hitters and throws a lot of strikes, I think we'll play good defense behind him and he has a chance to have a lot of success."

“It’s his ballgame,” Mainieri said. “As long as he’s pitching effectively and his pitch count is within a reasonable amount, he’ll be the pitcher. However far he can go will be great.”

3. PURPLE TIGER

Tiger_fan...thanks for all the info. I have just one question. What the hell do you do for a living? You're either very wealthy with a lot of free time or have a boring job with access to the internet. :D

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

what's interesting is that both starting pitchers tonight went to high school at Parkview, where they both played football and baseball together. they aren't the only starters from Parkview tonight, so is Tulane's shortstop Brennan Middleton

check out home many of the players on the teams for Tulane and LSU tonight played on the same team in high school:

Parkview Baptist (3A State Champs in Baseball: '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08, '09..Runner-up '11)
    --Alex Edward, LSU (Class of '09)
    --SS Brennan Middleton, Tulane (Class of '09)--starting SS for Tulane
    --RHP Andrew Reeves, Tulane (Class of '09)
    --RHP Alex Byo, Tulane (Class of '09) -- started last year in both games vs LSU
    --LHP Brady Wilson, Tulane (Class of '10) -- starting pitcher tonight
    --Russell Reynolds, LSU (Class of '12) -- starting pitcher tonight
    (P Brad Wing, LSU, Class of '09)

Jesuit (5A State Champs in Baseball: '02, '05, '07, '11, Runner up '04, '08)
    --Mason Katz, LSU (Class of '09)
    --OF Briggs Barrios, Tulane (Class of '10) -- 14 starts in OF for Tulane this season
    --C/INF Matt Braud, Tulane (Class of '12)
    --RHP Emerson Gibbs, Tulane (Class of '12)
    (LB Deion Jones, LSU Class of '11)

Catholic (5A State Champs in Baseball: '10)
    --RHP Alex Facundus, Tulane (Class of '10) -- pitched against LSU in 2011
    --RHP Alex Massey, Tulane (Class of '11)
    --Chris Sciambra, LSU (Class of '11)
    --Aaron Nola, LSU (Class of '11)

CE Byrd
    --Chris Cotton, LSU (Class of '09)
    --OF Richard Carthon, Tulane (Class of '11) -- 17 starts for Tulane this season (10 DH, 7 OF), also a DB for their football team

also, LSU pitcher Nate Fury originally played for Tulane, and pitched against LSU in 2010

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

i try to remain private, esp with my occupation. i probably play around too much when i should be working, but the free time comes mostly from cutting non-work commitments. for ex, i used to be super-involved at church, and i dropped all that when i moved, and it's something i should get back to. another big commitment i dropped was private study, reading, etc on subjects other than LSU sports, and i dropped most of that, and it's something i really should get back to. then of course, i neglect my friends and family a lot, which i probably shouldn't do, but they are all spread out anyway. etc etc

6. PURPLE TIGER

Well being a huge LSU fan is a religious experience, requires a commitment, and is strengthened through reading and private study so you're not too far off your previous routine. If your friends and family are LSU fans and visit a few websites they won't be neglected. The internet can bring everyone together regardless of distance. (Thanks Al Gore! :p)

7. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Ouch! LSU 5 Tulane 0, middle of the 1st, left 2 men on base. This could get very ugly.

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I have some friends that spend insane amounts of time and money on hobbies that nobody cares about (model trains etc), so in the way of hobbies, at least sports is one of the most interesting

I'm running late and won't be able to catch the game for a while, at least 30 more min

9. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Damn it i would have liked to seen that

10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

One thing to keep in mind is Tulane has really good.pitching, as team they are holding.opponent batters to a .258 avg, with a 3.01 ERA

But Tulane is doing.poor at the plate, only hitting for .249 as a team with only two starters hitting for over .262