Tubs leaves Texas Tech recruits hanging

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Mar 10, 2013.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Did anyone hear this story? Surprised it didn't get more pub, but apparently, Tommy Tuberville was hosting some Texas Tech recruits at a dinner when he gets a phone call confirming he'd been hired by Cincinnati. So, being the great person that we all know he is, he just leaves the restaurant without saying a word to anyone.

It really shouldn't be surprising considering who it is, but it just reinforces what a piece of shit he is. The least he could have done was to let his assistants or other coaches know what was going on, but the guys doesn't respect them enough to even do that. No word yet on whether the recruits had to pay for the meal themselves.

Stay classy Tubs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1555810-the-20-biggest-brush-offs/page/12

2. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

I heard this when it happened. Tuberville denies that it went down the way it's portrayed in the Bleacher Report story. Who knows unless you were there. I would agree that he's a snake, but unfortunately Coaches leaving with no notice has become an accepted reality. Here's a link to a story that documents Tuberville's version of events. He was on the Dan Patrick radio show.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...cruiting-dinner-to-discuss-cincinnati-job.ece

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

This is true, but it's a little different walking out on your team without meeting with them (which shows an uncaring, disrespect to your team) and walking out in the middle of dinner while hosting a bunch of recruits. The latter is just slimy.

For the record, as much of a douchebag as Tubs is, his explanation does sound plausible. I wouldn't put anything past him, but I don't think the incident happened like the Bleacher Report article made it sound.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, I think it probably went down the way Tubs said it did, too. However, it's just really easy for people to believe the other version, given his pattern of previous behavior.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Bleacher Report is slightly less credible than a message board post and should be treated as such. I treat it like Wikipedia. You can start there, but you can't end there.

Husker Ed likes this.