Trump's thin skin thread...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 9, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Everyone talks about race, racism, and prejudice.

The real issue is culture. It's hard to change that. The only way is for people to make the ideas their own.

Running around point fingers at people telling them they are wrong, how to think, and that they CANT understand is The issue.

I had this discussion with my wife. Being black and raised in Austin TX she has a very different experience than a black in south Louisiana. Much different. She would get upset when people ( wrongly ) told her she didn't act "black".

While wrong, it's important to understand where that comes from. Not saying it's right, but it's no different than a kid growing up in the Middle East. Chances are the kids will be Muslim.

Running around screaming everything Is racist doesn't work.

We have to find a way to connect to people by understanding where they are from. That's the only way, in my opinion, to have change in race relations.

It has the be their own thought.

shane0911, LSUTiga, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"In a Friday interview with NBC News' "Meet the Press," Lewis said he doesn't believe Trump is a "legitimate president" and that he doesn't plan to attend Trump's inauguration. The congressman misspoke in the interview, saying it would be the first time he'd miss an inauguration since he was elected to the House in 1986.....

A spokeswoman for Lewis confirmed that the Georgia Democrat missed Bush's first inauguration."

So it's okay for a lib to say they "misspoke" but if they are pointing at a con, they are "liars". Either Lewis knowingly lied or he's been in office too long. Do we give certain people a pass and if so, what are the requirements?

HalloweenRun and watson1880 like this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Why don't you focus on the real travesty. He said Trump was "illegitimate". Total bullshit and a very dangerous thing for a member of congress to say. That's the story here, not this garbage about whether or not this is the first inauguration. Who cares?

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well a) I already did, b) I was poking LaSalle's cage a bit, and c) this point highlighted an earlier comment I made regarding the entrenched gubment sycophants who somehow gain emeritus status by simply sitting in the same facking seat for 30 years living off the taxpayer. (side note: Lewis skipped Bush's first party for the exact same reason...he believed the election was illegit)

Should I desire to change the direction or scope of my focus, you'll be the first I consult with. ;)

Winston1 and mobius481 like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

John Lewis has been living off his march for 30 years glad Trump "trumped" him. Guys like Lewis dont want equal rights they want "special" rights. Because he is black Lewis thought nobody would jump his ass for dissing Trump, love it.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Good point.

Not worried about that in the least BUT until people do say these things out in the open, nothing will change. Lotta black folk, on one hand saying we need to create some dialogue. On the other hand, the slightest thing that they can twist to try to make a race issue, they do, so it won't.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

An eloquent bunch of bullshit. Black folks made a mistake a long time ago trusting the democrats and race hustlers like Jackson, Sharpton and Farrakan. Yes you have a point about creating your own but failing to see that us "white folk" have the same problems as we all want to "move on up" but face the same class barriers blacks do, nobody wants to give up their position or their shit they have earned in life to someone else no matter what race they are. The reason the Koreans, Chinese and the others proper here is that they were not raised on the white plantation run by the democrats and their race hustler friends. They come here without that ball and chain around their neck and to them it seems easy here. This is mainly a football blog and 90% of us "white folk" would love to have the God given athletic abilities black folk generally have over us. Black folk own the NFL and NBA and make millions because they are simple better athletes in other words they earned it, true capitalism. Is that equality? Why not give us "white folk" a half second spot in the 100 meter dash to make it equal.

I love fried chicken and watermelon by the way. Dont make it myself cant beat Popeyes anyway.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Your best work yet.

mobius481 likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Thanks amigo didnt like his condescending smug post. He needs to get out of the 60's and stop blaming "the man" and focus on "black folks" real enemies.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I "liked" this comment but want to clarify. It's only if you were being condescendingly sarcastic.

GiantDuckFan likes this.