Trump's pivot

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Sep 6, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If Trump can damage McConnell's clout and stranglehold over the Senate and Republican Party I'm all for it.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's worse with millenials. Social media has seen to that. I mean the fucking selfie. What screams narcissism more than the selfie?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good article. Trump would have to be as smart and as diabolical as Lex Luthor to have consciously concocted such a plan.
    And to what purpose? Trump is operating on supercharged instinct and acting upon his every flow of consciousness train of thought. Where all that will lead us who the hell knows.

A schism between the self appointed "educated elite" and the more grounded in day to day reality "average folk" and working class might even be a good thing.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Ask Phil Mickelson.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Lets face it the reality is that Yale, Harvard and the rest of the Ivy League elites have been controling politics for too long. Most believe they are smarter and better than us and have never ran a business and have been in government jobs all their life. Check the Clinton and Obama regimes. Trump is doing OJT and I think he is appalled at the corruption and at what he is seeing in the congress and senate. He is messing up the little cliques in both parties and the long knifes are out for him. Will be an interesting 4 years.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I read the article, and agree with the core argument, but I feel the reasoning behind it is a little flauwed.

What is happening is a really rich guy acting how the really rich act. It's why the accumulation of uwealth in the top few percent of the country is so hurtful. I don't think Trump is carrying out some cultural assault, but I think the results are the sane.

We used to have a saying about "fuck you money." Trump has fuck you money. He is used to having his way, or being able to say fuck you and doing well what he wants. Those in opposition, the media, the left and progressives simply get the fuck you. There appalled reaction and pushback simply get a further fuck you, and another brick goes up in the wall.

I had the (mis)fortune to work closely with some really rich people. One had a five floor golf course mansion, gourmet kitchen on ieach floor, so many air conditioning zones they all never worked. The three guys working beside me all had faxes on their desks, going 40 plus hours a week, just to keep the house running. Oh, people always mistook this guy's house for the club house.

His partner built a 4000 square foot "party house" on the lot diectly behind his house. It was beyond opulent. As an aside, at the inaugural party with the state's business and political elite in attendance, the main powe distribution box exploded in a brilliant flash of light. All power out, small fire. Funny. But he just got it fixed.

These guys, like Trump, were not inherently evil. Nor were they very smart, again like Trump. They, again like Trump,, were just totally disconnected from reality, while feeling that the rest of us were also in the disconnected boat. From them.

So, Trump's impact is not the result of an evil mastermind, but the result of a person who has nothing in common with 98% of the people he "serves."

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Wow so wordy and so wrong. You overthink and dramatize so much. Trump got elected against all odds because despite his wealth (which apparently you envy and despise) we feel like he is one of us. Bout time we have a successful business man in office. It is your guys the Clinton's and Obama's of the world who have not created one viable business in their pathetic lives but rather sucked off the government tit their entire lives and we provide the money for their acculated wealth. Neither have created one business that employs everyday people. Trump has created jobs for more people than the entire democratic party.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

If you buy in that you are remotely like Trump, you bought his crap, hook line and sinker. If you are like Trump, well, you are not, so no need to say. If Trump had gone up against ANYONE but Hillary, he would have not even placed. If you feel like he is one of us, you are either delusional, or well disguised behind the CaCa mask.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I do believe it and the surge in the stock market, job creation and general optimistic outlook is proving me right. We would be doing much much better if it weren't for your libtards and rhinos you love so much. Had guys like you in the senate shut down Obamacare and if we hopefully pass the tax reform the economy would skyrocket. He IS one of us just not one of you.

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Trump is an ugly wart on the nose of America, that needs to be removed asap

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017