Trump's First WH Briefing

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There is no doubt about the harm Obama did to us especially in foreign policy. I spent the whole 8 years of his terms berating him for weakness and poor & wrong headed decisions. I even started several threads in FSA about him. Don't bother to lecture me sport. You have no clue newcomer and maybe you should go back and review before you come in guns blazing.
    As to Trump's attitude and approach to Russia and Putin if it doesn't raise your hackles then you're too deep into hero worship to be able to see clearly. When Trump said the things he did/does during the campaign it was funny especially how it tweaked Obama and HRC. However he is president and is responsible for leading the free world. There's a difference and sidling up to Putin and Russia as he seems to be doing is no different in effect than Hussein's weakness in Putin's eyes. He'll take every advantage he can. Don't be a blind follower caca, grow some balls and open your eyes.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

https://www.gilderlehrman.org/collections/2073d00a-2b6a-4983-b45a-403967475546

I thought you might enjoy this. George Washington warned us. This, in my opinion covers the last 40 something years of America and is only getting worse with each person elected.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So are you guys for another world war ore what. I can't keep up.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There is a big difference in being a friend to Russia and not blasting them in the media.

Trump said it in the trail he would NOT voice his strategy to the media.

This is more of a case in keeping enemies closer.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One can only hope @LSUpride123 one can only hope.
    @LaSalleAve the world is different than it was in Washington's time. He had an ocean that was a real barrier. As important Britain was where we are today. They were the most powerful maritime nation and policed the seas. Washington knew that as did Monroe when he issued his doctrine.
    Today we are the world power by default. If we abandoned our responsibility there would be chaos. You're right we haven't do well since 2000. W should have gotten out of Afghanistan as soon as he smashed the Taliban and sent OBL running. He should have never gone into Iraq (though I admit I supported it at the time). Obama has been worse if possible by first trying to ignore our obligations then being such a pussy that everyone took absolute advantage and our standing in the world is at a nadair.
    We need to understand we're the only force of good and order in the world. We need a more measured approach neither bellicosity or retreat. GHW Bush did it best with Reagan and Clinton right behind.
    I don't see Trump as having the knowledge or temperament to pull it off

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I agree with almost all you state, except one point. We should stay out of the shit that it's going on in the world, until it impacts us. Then release hell and I mean full fury of what we can bring to bear on an opponent, and then go back to neutral state. for to long we have been trying to bring American ideas to people who don't give a shit.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I agree we shouldn't try to force others to hold to our ideals sort of. Frankly leading by example should be enough.
    However we cannot withdraw from world leadership. Our navy keeps the oceans safe for commerce. Our economy depends on a fairly open world economic system. It's in our interest to do what is needed. We cannot afford to do as W did in Iraq or HRC did in Libya. Even more damaging is what Obama did by attempting to abdicate our responsibility.
    It is also incumbent on us to deter and fight aggression. Russia's recent actions, China's Yellow Sea grabs and Iran's aggressive actions cannot be allowed to be unopposed. Letting predatory nations run amok is a recipe for disaster.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

We're not the only dog in the fight, until our allies realize this fug em, hold our own, and let them see what happens when we are not there to hold the line for them.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

At one time, Obama and Hilary took the same position that he is expressing, they just failed miserably.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

To the contrary, sounds like you were lecturing all of us on what a fool Trump is for handling Putin the way he is. I was simply pointing out what I think Trump understands about Putin. My point was Putin at least loves his country unlike dickhead and doesnt get rolled like the dickhead we had for the last 8 years. I don't believe for one moment Trump trust Putin or will let Putin roll him he doesn't let anyone roll him. Its in our best interest to get along with Russia.Trump knows this. He also knows Putin, Isis, N. Korea and Iran respect power so what is Trump doing? Going to greatly build up our military. My post was to point that out and also with the links to videos try to and I will say it again TRY TO show you what an awful president Obama was. In my opinion Obama was more dangerous to us than Putin ever was.

You are the one who is blind to Trumps motives and it is you that needs to get a pair and open your eyes. We had 8 years to judge dickhead and only a week to judge Trump yet you are on his ass already.