Trump's Afghanistan Policy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Needed.

Changing the narrative. End fighting with one another and focus on terrorists.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Great this means Rex will stop calling Trump Hitler!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

folks, we just witnessed the death of neoconservative foreign policy. This is not a bad thing.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well said

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

"For years, Donald Trump repeatedly called for a total withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, calling military operations there a waste of money and lives. But now, as president, Trump will use his first primetime address to the nation on Monday to announce a new strategy in Afghanistan.

Trump plans to send thousands of additional troops to the country. Trump will be pursuing a strategy that breaks sharply from his public statements dating back more than six years."

:cool: flip/flop,.. Trump is continuing the Bush-Obama strategy,.. I'm not saying Trump made the wrong decision here.... I'm saying that it points out again, what a load of, mindless, baseless, "political promises" bullshit, Trump was feeding America during his campaign
    Trump on Afghanistan: New president, same old dilemma
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary-trump-on-afghanistan-new-president-same-old-dilemma/

Perhaps the most surprising aspect of President Trump's speech on Afghanistan
    was how, well, unsurprising it was. It was, with a few notable exceptions, a speech both Presidents Bush and Obama could have given. In fact, I'm pretty sure they did.

“Trump’s ‘America First’ Base Unhappy with Flip-Flop Afghanistan Speech,”
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/22/bannon-breitbart-trump-afghanistan-241884

Just minutes after President Donald Trump concluded his Afghanistan policy speech Monday night, the conservative site took an aggressive, critical approach to the address and Trump’s new policy. A banner headline blasted the president’s decision to extend the U.S. military commitment in Afghanistan as a “flip-flop” that “reverses course.”

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

On reflection,.. I guess I could back off some, most of you have probably heard enough of me railing about Donald,.. I don't want to become the "Taint" of Trump.

HalloweenRun, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Too late, but we will cut you some slack because your our friend

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

My overall take on last night's speech: not much more than evidence of the stupidity of those who voted for him.

He flip-flopped. He broke his campaign promises. Nothing new there.

He once again demonstrated his unending hypocrisy, criticizing Obama for troop withdrawals from Iraq when he, himself, approved of the move at the time and wanted TOTAL withdrawal.

No, he doesn't know how to defeat ISIS in sixty days, after all.

No, he doesn't have an actual plan for Afghanistan... just more bluster.

Where's that border wall?

Where's that Obamacare repeal?

No, this nation has not come together racially as he boasted he could do.

No, he doesn't know more than the generals... he knows jack shit. He didn't even have the sense yesterday to NOT stare directly at the eclipse.

And YES, wiser people (i.e. those who DIDN'T vote for him) knew he couldn't do all those things because we knew he was nothing but a loudmouthed narcissistic con man.

And YES, your Trumpanzee response is bound to be stupid.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My father ran the campaign for a local dairy distributor to win back-to-back terms as mayor of our city, which was virtually owned by the oil industry at the time. At one point, the candidate questioned the campaign strategy, and my dad told him,"Do you want to run an election campaign, or do you want to be mayor?" Winning and actually governing are two completely different sides of the same coin.

HalloweenRun and watson1880 like this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That position is taken.

BAY0U BENGAL, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.