Trump Tax Cuts & Tariffs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Who's law and who's morality? There are laws that would put me in a cage for smoking cannabis, and that's correct according to some people's morality. But I smoke it anyway.

Maybe we can agree that where people pursue their own rational self interest without infringing on the rights or property of others is best.

Jmg likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You might have noticed that @Tiger in NC hasn't responded to my post about salespeople exploiting others for their own gain. Pefectly legal. He sells furniture. If he says he has never talked somebody into buying a thousand dollar couch instead of a five hundred dollar couch or some similar transaction I don't believe him.

Frogleg likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Obviously you don’t understand sales. Of course like in any position there are unscrupulous people who take advantage of others. That happens not only in sales but in all walks of life. However if you’re a professional salesman you value your customers. Success in business comes from repeat business...customers coming back again and again and providing referrals (telling their friends). You don’t get that if all you do is screw your customers.
    I’ll put your attitude to ignorance rather than being a reflection of your character. BTW I doubt @Tiger in NC has grossly oversold a customer.

Tiger in NC and shane0911 like this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if the ADL claims the group is far right, that isnt necessarily true, or even that he met with them.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's not unethical to try to upsell the customer. Every company does it in many, many ways. Just this morning I switched internet provider. The lady on the phone kept trying to the me to listen to her spiel about all the special deal bundles. You know the ones that give you a low price for 6 months and then your bill jumps through the roof.

I expected her to do that before I even called. She was just doing her job. A lot of places like Best Buy don't pay their people commission on the basic goods or services but do pay commission on extended warranties and bundle packages.

The customer is responsible for knowing what they want and willing to pay for.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There’s a big difference between up-selling and exploiting a customer. You said salesmen in general and NC exploited customers which is wrong in every way. Giving customers options and opportunities to get the best products is the purpose of sales.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm in sales as well and I like to say I'm not selling a product I'm selling a solution. Which is true. I'm in a very competitive market and ours are almost always more expensive than my competitors but then again so is our quality. It isnt always easy to get someone to part with 5, 6, 8 grand when they can find a "similar" solution for 1500. I lose a lot of those, they always call me back and say "I should have just bought yours first"

As for China, their economy is in the fucking tank and they will buckle sooner than later as they really have no choice but to do so. Trump has them by the short and curlies

LSUpride123 and Winston1 like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is the highlight post. To have government dictate morality. Wow. I think we seen that play out before.

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What could go wrong ?

Winston1 and LSUpride123 like this.
  10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

Then don’t be!

The fact is, the debt continues, and will continue to increase due to financial obligations that increase with population. Obama added more debt than Bush (your numbers lie) Even Clinton, with the tech bubble added more debt than Reagan.

I get you may not like the guy, But there is no reason to lie about him. If it were not for the MSM constantly dogging him because they are butt hurt their little princess didn’t win, things might would be different.