Trump Slayed the Poon

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Mar 20, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

the more I think about your, Dark side of the moon, the more impressed/envious I get,.. it's only the greatest album ever made. I read an article about the Smithsonian Museum, a display representing the rock era of the '70s,.. has a Bang & Olufsen turntable spinning your Dark side of the moon album.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If it does it didn’t when I was there. I took pictures of all of the turntables at the smithsonian about 6 months ago, I didn’t see that, I think I remember that deck, but not the album. Maybe I need to go back and check the pics.

And I’m also now pissed because I don’t have the stickers that came with the album. It was my Dad’s and I guess he took those when he was a kid.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I read that many years ago, thanks loads, now you've spoiled it for me,.. you can make amends by sending me your album. My roommate had a Bang & Olufsen turntable, spendy, sounded great though, a cool thing was you could tilt the turntable about 2/3 upright and it wouldn't miss a beat.

4. LaSalleAve

I have 2 technics 1200 MK2’s, I’m really gonna check those pics when I get home to see if I got a clear shot of the album.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

@GiantDuckFan the Technics are actually in the smithsonian as well, there are even platters you can make scratching noises on. The funny part is the scratch noise really doesn’t sound proper without a mixer and a crossfader but most people don’t know that so no need to add a mixer to the display.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Ditto. Crazy how much these things are worth now.

7. LaSalleAve

It’s because they stopped making them and they are the best turntable ever made. Broken ones sell for hundreds on eBay, awesome that you have them still. Bet they work like they did when the box was opened.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Love those things. You could drop a brick on them and they still hold their rpm. Incredible tt's.