Trump Indicted

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tigermark, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

trump on pleading the Fifth: “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment? The mob takes the Fifth."

trump pleaded the Fifth over 400 times in his deposition with NY AG Bragg.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

This is really quite simple:

Michael Cohen was convicted of and spent prison time for the crime. trump was his "unindicted coconspirator", which means he also committed the crime(s).

Or do you deny that Cohen was convicted of a crime trump directed him to commit?

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well i am not a lawyer i was hoping you could help me understand it. your claim appears to be that there exists a crime of falsely representing documen ts in service of a crime that only need be imagined by the accuser. according to you, not even named.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

trump isnt a lawyer, pleading the 5th is actually fine. agree or disagree?

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You're even dumber than I thought.

Murders are not murders until they're charged? So, by your logic how can they then be charged if they weren't murders? YOUR logic is not logic at all; it's utter stupidity.

But in this case there WAS a charged crime and a conviction, anyway. Michael Cohen spent prison time for it. trump directed it. trump was his "unindicted coconspirator".

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i dunno who directed who to do what. if they want to charge trump with whatever, go ahead. the way the law works is that trump is innocent until proven otherwise. what crime is trump guilty of now? walls are closing in?

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

please read more closely i said "legally exist". not simply exist. a murder exists, and therefore a crime, but a legal finding of a criminal comitting that crime doesnt happen until conviction. the defendant is innocent of any crime until they are not. and therefore, legally they are not guilty of any crime.

you cant just say trump did some crime if he is very literally innocent legally of that crime you imagine

so yes, a murder not charged to person X is not a murder charge person X was convicted of. no crime has been accused or tried. trump is guilty of zero crimes in this context.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

cohen was unlawfully donating over the limit for trump. trump is not limited in his own giving to himself. if that was illegal they would put bloomberg under the jail, he gave his own campaign hundreds of millions. a candidate is not at all limited in how much he can spend his own money.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

trump directed him to do it, helped him set up a fraudulent scheme to do it, and reimbursed him for it. CRIMINAL. Unindicted coconspirator. Barr didn't prosecute because Barr operated under the false notion that a sitting president can't be indicted.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Yes. a murder "legally exists", despite that being your desperately ad hoc contorted language foreign to law books, whether or not it's convicted. Michael Cohen's crimes "legally exist" and donald trump helped him to commit them. CRIMINAL. The New York statute doesn't insist that trump had to be convicted for it.