Trump blames both sides

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Gotta like it. He said there were two sides and the "Left" came at thenones protesting the taking down of a statue. He then said, "You can call it what you want, but that's what it is."

In other words, regardless of whether there were WS in the crowd, there were bad people in both groups.

Also said it was Robert E Lee this week. He heard Stonewall Jackson next week, where does it stop? Abe Lincoln then Thomas Jefferson next?

Sorry kyle, no link. I caught this in the clinton news network.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Take Washington off the dollar bill and put Ronald Reagan. He didn't own any slaves.

HalloweenRun and Bayou Tiger like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The left would insist either Saul Alinski or Louis Farakan be put on the dollar bill.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree with the Jefferson and Washington comments, I think that myself but comparing BLM and antifa to the Klan and neo Nazi's is a huge false equivalency. You may disagree and I'm not going to try and change your minds, but I completely disagree with you. Not saying they don't have people among their ranks that aren't dispicable because they do, but there is no such thing as a good klansman or good Nazi. I've met some BLM people and the vast majority of them are just tired of their kind being killed by the police because they are black or treated differently because they are black and im sorry, until we have walked a mile in their shoes which can't happen, then we really don't know what it's like to be black in America. We just don't.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  5. Bayou Tiger

Good point.

6. Bayou Tiger

People on cnn saying the president is supposed to bring people together. Where were they when osama stood still and silent for the Dallas cop massacre and so many other situations.

7. LaSalleAve

By the way, I know what it's like to be white in America. I'm sure many on here do as well, let me ask you guys all something, would you trade?

8. Bayou Tiger

Hell no. I wouldn't mind being a little darker like some of my mixed cousins though.

9. LaSalleAve

What was it that Chris Rock said while talking about this subject? When he asked his white friend if he would trade with him even with his money he said, "no I think I'm gonna ride this white thing out"

kcal, Bayou Tiger and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I was an army recruiter in McAllen Tx for 3 yrs and had trouble ordering at taco bell when I got there. That minority status ain't all its cracked up to be....thanks for the perspective