Military Trump abandons the Kurds

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Sure. When why dont you tell us the correct thing to do? Because it seems all you want and everyone else wants are troops on the fucking ground in Syria.

If shit gets crazy, drones and guided missiles are a far better tool IMO.

Further, why is no one else helping?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I said remove from ME that means all of our guys. The fact that we haven't doesnt change my opinion on that matter. The sooner we do that the better.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Unfortunately, the world is not so simple, every decision is not binary. Context and nuance are critically important the more complex an issue. And the mid-east is extraordinarily complex.

I don't think we should be in the mid-east AT ALL. Just one example, I am a staunch environmentalist, but I am for FRACKING since that COULD get us out of the middle east. It is worth it to me, to be rid of that place.

BUT, you just can't walk away. In the real world. Well, you, can, but you see what happens. Rooskies hanging out in what were US bases just HOURS AGO. If there was ever a time for Mr Trump to use his oft touted "deal making" skills, getting out of Syria was the place to employ it. Instead, he folded and walked.

This disastrous decision will have many lifetimes of consequences. I would be surprised, actually amazed, if we are ever able to put together a "coalition of the willing" again. Not even a coalition of the desperate is likely. Trump has made the United States an unreliable partner and that will apply way, way beyond the wretched middle east quagmire.

Like so much of what Trump does, one can't argue with the INTENT of the action, but the action taken seems to always fall apart in first, the EXECUTION and then, the RESULT. Time and time again he and his administration (whatever that now means with Rudy and all) have proven they are not up to the task of governing.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Coalition? What other NATO country is stepping up?????

Turkey... The one everyone is pissed at....

shane0911 likes this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

The Iranians attacked the Saudis and they didn't do shit. What kind of willing partners do we have.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this is the 64k question

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Probably drive an electric car don't you?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is an embarrassment. Russians taking over US bases in Syria and laughing at us.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So Trump is sending Pence, Pompeo and his NSA chief to Turkey and Erdogan is refusing to meet with them. SMH at the sad display of absolute weakness and disarray being shown by Trump.