Military Trump abandons the Kurds

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wrong, they are terrorist. Ever hear of the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

The relationship had run its course and we no longer had an obligation to be there.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So you don’t believe your brother soldiers?

3. shane0911

Where did you get that, CNN?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Kurds were not "brother soldiers." They were mercenaries. When mercenaries job is done you pay them and they are on their own.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Multiple sources. Why don’t you check out any friends who are still serving? I did...there are a lot of pissed off soldiers out there. Pissed and ashamed. Open your eyes

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Idiot I was talking about the AMERICAN servicemen who are pissed off and ashamed by what’s happening.

7. shane0911

I think you are buying into some fake news. This is probably over exaggerated. Sit back and watch, this will all be fixed soon.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Winston you are taking this way too seriously. Shit happens 24/7/365 and in today's world we know about it instantly. No matter whether you or I are for it against it shit will continue to happen. I never get too upset about anything I see in TV, the internet or in print. None of it would be productive in our real lives with our own day to day situations to deal with.

The news is like watching a sporting event. Sometimes your side wins and sometimes they lose. None of it changes my life. You and I and almost everybody else are powerless to change or even slightly influence the slightest detail in the course of world events.

If there were only 50 American soldiers there undoubted they are all professionals. They are not coming home. They will be sent to the next hot spot. It was their choice ro lead that lifestyle. I do care about the lives of regular American military personnel. There lives should take precedence over all else.

That is why I am in favor of a scorched earth policy. Fuck with us and we turn your country into a parking lot. Destroying Hanoi would have saved a lot of lives in Vietnam.

Not worrying about events way beyond my control is probably one reason why my blood pressure is normal. Pour yourself a stiff scotch and if you partake have a fatty.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

If you count the first gulf war, We have been over there long enough for 3 generations to fight. Enough is enough

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Again it’s not about whether but when and how. Don’t defend the indefensible just because Trump is under attack.