Trump’s new low

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Nov 30, 2017.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I've heard that argument beforeand it's an arbitrary argument. They say that racism is about power. BS. It's not even only about hatred. It's not even about only skin color. It's about ill feelings about anybody different.

People try to make the definition so narrow that they fall outside the definition.

2. stevescookin

Already explained it.

3. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

It might be different if they were not shithole countries.

stevescookin and Bengal B like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Shithole countries are shithole countries not because the citizens are shithole people it's because they are run by shitheads like Kim in NK and the assholes in Venezuela and Syria, El Salvador and elsewhere. Screw anyone who wants to make it a racial thing, it's not.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He meant, "All you black folks move back to New Orleans so you can vote for me."

6. stevescookin

That's racist...LOL

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Because a black guy said it? It was most definitely racist. It excludes anyone who is not black.

8. stevescookin

Seriously, he actually said the opposite. He said, If you have a job to come back to and if you have a house to come back to...come back home. If you don't, you're better off where you are for now.

9. stevescookin

You have no idea. He did not say that. He referred to a city as being chocolate. He was talking to blacks that thought that they were going to be excluded. If he had said don't worry, it was a majority African American city before and I'm sure it will be the same way when all is said and done...you would have nothing to say. He was not saying whites stay away. Not even remotely so.

10. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I never said he said whites were to stay away - never even thought that. If you or I said the above bolded statement - we would have been called racist. Referring to the city as chocolate, vanilla, lemon, or whatever is racist terminology. So you are correct - If he had said don't worry, it was a majority African American city before and I'm sure it will be the same way when all is said and done, no one would have thought twice about it