True Detective Season 2

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 8, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Neither is watching paint dry

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not an attention span problem but more of a script problem imo. I don't think it is casting but maybe.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lol, I'm not even gonna try to fight this battle.

4. LaSalleAve

I think it's safe to say you and I just don't agree on television shows. You don't like this season I love it, you loved the last game of thrones season I thought it was atrocious.

5. bhelmLSU

But you were biased because you were a book reader. The consensus for book readers was mainly the same as yours but opposite for show watchers. However, it seems like the consensus for True Detective is mainly lackluster. I think we have many shows we agree on though. I think our top ten shows are pretty common unless I am thinking of someone else which is why I am surprised u liked this season so much.

It is not the plot I don't like I just feel it could have been carried out much better.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  6. LaSalleAve

I think the reason I like this season so much is because of the way this show blurs the lines between good and bad. To me all good shows do this, The Wire, The Shield, Sons, you just don't know who the good guys are because everyone does bad things. I think this season maybe tried too hard to be dark and mysterious, but I still like it. When it's all out I'll go back and watch it all at once, will be a lot better that way.

7. bhelmLSU

I like that aspect too and agree may have tried too hard and that is why I am personally disappointed.

8. bhelmLSU

Rome is a classic of example good/bad.

Also Power another example might be the best show on right now. Season 1 was good but this season is great.

9. LaSalleAve

What's Power? What channel?

10. bhelmLSU

Starz series...New York drug ring. Wasn't sure about the lead role for a bit but has he has definitely grown on me. Supporting cast is really good. It really kicks off episode 1 of season 2 and hasn't stopped. Episode 8 was one of the best episodes of any show I have seen in a while. So many elements coming together at once.