True Detective Season 2

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 8, 2015.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

This is my issue. Why does everyone have to be tortured. Last season it was mainly Rust although Marty wasn't perfect. This year, everyone is a tortured soul incapable of ever smiling. It just seems too contrived for me and add in the questionable casting, particularly vaughan and woodrough's character and the season really bored me. I found myself nodding off unless there was some real intense stuff going on. And with the plot being so complex, you just can't do that.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Took your word on Power. Because you said this, I am suffering through season 1 in an effort to be stoked by season 2. Now, after 6 episode run, bout to drop it altogether. Season 2 could only be better yet, never realy amount to anything. It screams of having someone without a criminal mind, developing characters with a criminal mind. It has been Tyler Perry at best. I'll give TD more credit for building a better criminal curtain. Your reputation remains sound, but I feel you are more affected by this offseason being one of the worst on record for anything worth passing prime time hours.

Sharkweek came weeks earlier this year and destroyed what was, the final threshold into the football season. Now, I just want to tackle the fridge.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Has anyone tried The Knick? Also this miniseries on HBO about Yonkers is pretty interesting so far. Show me a hero.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I felt the same way...takes a turn toward the very end of season 1. Season 2 was very solid imo. You are right about the offseason though. Not the greatest show but I wanted more each week and kept me guessing.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The Knick was ok. Well done in many aspects but a little dry.

Show me a hero has been interesting...will keep watching.

If looking for a comedy...The Brink on HBO.

Netflix has a BBC show, Peaky Blinders. I think that is up your alley. Only two 6 hour seasons so far.