True Detective Season 2

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 8, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Starz surprises me sometimes.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This show's main problem is Nick Pizzaltto had 30 years to come up with the plot of season 1 and ten months to write season 2. Couple that with the some dreadful casting decisions (Taylor Kitsch) and you get this abortion of TV.

3. LaSalleAve

After the rewatch of 1-7 they really could have killed all the ridiculous Los Angeles traffic scenes and the closeted gay thing which adds no value to the story and left us with 2 episodes instead of one where they can put a close to the season. How in the hell are they going to find a way to get out of this mess with 1 episode left and it not be rushed or end kind of silly like season 1 episode 8 did. Maybe with Vaughn, Farrell, McAdams, and the creepy mayor dude working together?? Could this season have been done better? Yes, I still think episode 7 was really fucking good, Collin Farrell has been excellent, as has Vince Vaughn, I'm not buying McAdams in this role, she is off, Frowny Night Lights did a decent job. I just think with only 8 episodes you really don't need to wasting time with multiple scenes of airel views of traffic and the city or scenes with 4 minutes of characters staring at each other. That shit doesn't happen in real life.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Ugh...The only positive about the season and finale is the trailer for WestWorld that came on when it ended.

5. LaSalleAve

Man, I gotta agree, shitty ending. That was so unsatisfying it's ridiculous. And Collin Farrell and Vince Vaughn were outstanding. Just leaving it to where the mayor's kid gets off as does that Vinci police guy that offed Paul, was just bad. Ray didn't even get to get the last message to his son. What the fuck was that man? Too many red herrings, and no justice in the end, except implied justice in the future somewhere with a reporter that may eventually bring down the Vinci people, but we will never see it. It really sucks that what I thought was a great job of character acting by Vince Vaughn and Collin Farrell were just wasted in the finale. I tried to defend this season but the finale made me look like a fool for doing so.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Worst True Detective season ever. And I'm talking future years included.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I watched and looked forward to each episode but felt let down with the ending. Agree that they could of let Ray's last message go through to his son. I was a little confused at certain points during the season. I thought there were some good aspects of the show, including Vince Vaughn's character. I was expecting more due to season 1.

8. bhelmLSU

I never had a feeling that I couldn't wait to see the next episode. the 2nd half of Episode 8 was the lone bright spot. Hated everything else and especially now since most of everything didn't have any real significance when all said and done. The Vaughn mirage scene was over done and hate Colin Farrell even more now. Starring at comforters and shit with wide eyes look while trying to tell a deep story. Ugh

9. bhelmLSU

However, the season finale tweets were amazing...

One had to do with this...

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Loved Season 1, Season 2 was terrible!