Tressel thinking like Meyer.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUXARMY, Dec 30, 2007.

1. buck1973

buck1973 Freshman

Henton is listed at 6'2" 232 lbs.

Depth Chart

2. Buckeye507

Buckeye507 Founding Member

I know your right and he is listed at those numbers but I just don't think he weighs that much. I'd say 220 max but like others have said he is a legit threat to run. We really haven't seen a whole lot of him in games but he was a good prospect out of HS. Basically, I'm not counting on him winning the game for us lol.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I guess I assumed he wasn't a running threat because he had only one or 2 runs in the games he was eligible. So I guess if Henton plays at all it would only be for a handfull of plays.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

My thoughts on this is that I am a little bit scared of LSU's defense for most of the season.
    The wildcat formation scares the hell out of me.
    It makes no sense to me, that you have 3 rb's in the backfield and yet you know there is a good chance they will run and you can't stop one guy with the ball.
    Maybe it was the injury thing?
    For this reason I am a little more confident because we will be pretty healthy and well rested.

One thing I do know, OSU will need EVERY advantage they can get to beat LSU.
    Some reasons I don't give them much of a chance to win.
    LSU is undefeated in the Sugarbowl or New Orleans in this millenium.
    CLM's record overall and the way his teams show up to play in bowl games.
    TOSU as some call them still hasn't beaten an SEC team in a bowl game.
    I'm sure this LSU team doesn't want to be the first!
    Oh Yeah, winning the national championship on top of that, second one in a row for the SEC and the second one for LSU in four years.

5. jwinslow

jwinslow Founding Member

Henton would be a package QB at most in this game. He was being groomed for that role before the sting. In case you question the lengths to which the Columbus PD will go for entrapment, read this.

Henton has similar attributes to Troy in his earlier years (he lost a step or two bulking up heading into 06). Athletic, strong, very good arm, decent touch, usually 1-read and go (not progressing thru reads).