Transfer Exodus 2016/2017

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 13, 2016.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yet another aspect of Miles' complete failure in QB development. Even in games we put away early, he always waited too long to put the backup QB in, and then didn't let him do anything but hand off. The only instance I ever remember of him giving a backup substantial playing experience was when he let Mett QB the whole 2nd half against Northwestern in '11.

lsu-i-like and $TigerFan$ like this.
  2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Then got pissed at him for almost scoring when he ran down to like the 1 or 2 late in the game. Made him kneel out like the last two minutes of the game...beaucoup booing ensued...

$TigerFan$ and LaSalleAve like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yep, I remember that, after that long run I think it was like 30 plus yards, he made Mett start taking a knee.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LaSalleAve That was the Ole Miss game. Against NSU, he played all of the 2nd half and threw a TD pass.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

That was a great example of how Les screwed up our QB thought process. Mett said he saw that we had the wrong play and our back was going to get creamed, so he changed it to a bootleg and made the run. He called the right play and got chewed out for it. If miles did this with all our QB it's no wonder they all were crap. He took away their instincts so if if the play called was not there, they were handcuffed to do anything else.

furduknfish and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

There's a lot of truth in that post.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I think he hangs around for Spring Ball to see how things play out.

8. $TigerFan$

First of all I loved Miles for most of his career. In fact one of my best Tiger artifacts is a signed helmet from him, so don't give me that crap about not liking the man. I've had a few conversations with the guy while he was here and I really liked him as a person and coach, but towards the end he made some major mistakes. I also think Alleva is a prick in the way he handled a man of good character and should be hung by his nut hair for doing so. Miles should have been dismissed at the end of last year in a private and professional manner, but what's done is done. We all no miles Achilles was coaching QB and he should have kept his hands off. When a QB says it happened then it certainly isn't a fan "guessing" at his motivations.

As negative as you are, Tiger should be nowhere in your name. Maybe you should change it to Bamawhore. I normally don't reply to your dumbass post but I couldn't help myself.

Brian, shane0911 and cul2969 like this.
  9. $TigerFan$

We have never been a QB school so I know it's not where the top guys come to light it up but at least some kind of passing game would have helped Miles. He would be holding at least a couple of NC had he not been so bull headed with the passing game. It's what kept him from getting to the next level.

As far as the Bama comment, I take it back. If you want positive response why not put some positive post about our program. It's not perfect and certainly not what many of us wanted, but it's not all doom and gloom either. It may get that way but as of now it's not.

TigerTap likes this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Not possible, he is full Taint.

shane0911, Bengal B and $TigerFan$ like this.