Total Team Breakdown Feel Like We Are Better Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

From GDF 02_small.jpg

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

While this team may have exceeded a few media pundits expectations as to what their record would be 6 games into the season, this team has now left Florida with a whole slew of new questions questions. I thought we'd lose either the UM or Auburn game, and this game was winnable yet a trap game. So this team thus far has pretty much met my expectations of where we'd be right now.

If you think the talent we have on the field is the problem that few good recruiting classes will fix, you're sadly mistaken. LSU is loaded with talent across the board. We could bring in a top 3 class every year and it wouldn't matter if they're not being coached up and developed properly.

All I know is LSU regressed backward in a big way Saturday night. This coming Saturday night isn't going to be an easy game either. Champions find a way to win, others make excuses for why they lost. Does LSU rebound? Guess we'll see.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The second half stat sheet reads like an obituary.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are a lost cause I don't know how to talk to you. So I will end by saying if you think we are loaded it is you who is sadly mistaken. We are no way near loaded and especially now with players like Chassion, Brumfield, Taylor, Pettigrew, Ingram, Jacobs and Moss either out or no longer on the team. None of the previously mentioned players were on the field against Fla yet we still could have won that game. We are playing with good RB's not great RB's. Brosette and CEH are no way near the quality of a Fournette or a Guice. We are being quarterbacked by a transfer who has only been here less than 2 months with a total of 6 starts in college. We are playing with new WR's, only 2 true TE's, a banged up short handed OL. We are playing without our best defender. Our OC has had a grand total of 2 months to work with his new QB. Yet with all this we are 5-1.

You are a passionate fan but you really are a very poor judge of football talent, offensive football and judging coaches. O has done a great job to get us where we are with all the above issues he is dealing with. What E has accomplished with this all new backfield and recievers is nothing short of genius. I am sorry but "champions find a way to win?". Now that is the biggest crock of crap I have heard tonight. In your view no coach is worth a shit or a champion unless he wins every game because "a champion finds a way to win". In your view Vanderbilt should win every game regardless of their lack of talent because that's no excuse cause "a champion finds a way to win"

11bbea1ef7e2bcbe82c832e5693e948e--jemaine-clement-alien-makeup.jpg

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Great. And no where in my post did I say it was.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Do you ever run out of excuses? (Rhetorical question)

furduknfish likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Just commenting on a sports forum that our offense in the 2nd half was as bad as Ive seen it all year.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Do you ever run out of your precieved football genius to educate us with? (Rhetorical question)

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Run out to the hallway and ask your charge nurse if you can have your dose of valium upped.
    Relax chief. This is a sports forum, more specifically a LSU sports forum. People will have different opinions than yourself. The fact that most everyone here saw a different game than you did tells me, maybe your perceived football genius ain't what it used to be. But just for you... ALL HAIL Ensminger!!!

COTiger and fanatic like this.
  10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Excellent point. Only thing I disagree on is that I originally thought we would have at least 2 losses by now. I think we are better off than I thought we would be at this point when projecting at the beginning of the season. Nonetheless I am disappointed that we lost and moved backwards on Saturday.

To steal a line from someone else, all is forgiven with a win this Saturday.

Bengal B, GregLSU and fanatic like this.