Total Team Breakdown Feel Like We Are Better Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 7, 2018.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The reality is, as nice as he probably is... maybe E just isn't cut out to be an OC at a major P5 program.

Robidoux87 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Your key word here is maybe. E is an improvement over Canada and while he does have Burrow he doesn't have a Guice or a Darrell Williams and he doesn't have the OL Canada had. I would like to see more screens and passes to CEH and I would like to see the TE used more.

What happened to Racey McMath? I dis see him in the game at all.

didit likes this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I wasn't a Canada fan but I was optimistic and thought we had a good hire in the beginning. For all we know he wasn't given a fair shake and O micromanaged the offense. Maybe he was given a fair shake and he just seriously sucked. I don't know. If E is the answer then I want to see him adjust when we're continuously getting hammered from one side of the line, and make it stop.

LSUTiga and dachsie like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's damned if you do and damned if you don't. We don't exactly have the '90's Dallas Cowboys O Line. If we go max protect in passing situations we can only go 2 wide at WR. Need more screens and more quick slants and outs. Better use of the TE would help too. Any way to sneak Jimmy Graham into the game? Would the Patriots trade Gronk to us?

GregLSU likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well that answers the question.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

What TE's? We are so thin there we moved a former WR and a former RB there. Poor Moreau can't do it all. I said in a post earlier losing Pettigrew was huge. Also Moss hasn't played one down yet. Really affects what we can do on offense.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

OK how can I have a normal conversation when I see this? I am weary of explainig why you are not only wrong but absolutely wrong about E. What's amazing about you and some others here is you all seem to ignore problems on defense it's only offense for you guys. Same stuff every week. Need to throw more, not trowing to the TE enough, not throwing screens. I watch the replays of all our games and we have done all that and more. I have never heard you or others once say maybe our current personnel cant execute that certain play well which may be why you don't see certain plays run more, ever consider that? I know you know Jeaux has the least amount of starting experience in the entire SEC, did you know that? Do you realize how that affects the amount plays we can run successfully? I know you know E has only had 2 months to work with Jeaux, you did know that didn't you? Have you considered how that affects play calling? I know you know we havent had 2 games in a row with the same starters on the OL, you did know that didn't you? Do you consider how much just that affect your play calling? I know you know E is in his first year as a full-time OC, you did know that didn't you?

Now knowing all that are you expecting our offense to be a well oiled machine? 5-1 is not good enough under thise circumstances? I already know what you are going to say so no answer needed. My opinion is exactly opposite of yours. E is one of the best OC's we have ever had. You are totally wrong, period!

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m not heaping it all on Ensminger but the offense was contained most of Saturday. I’ll go as far as saying O has more responsibility than E because of the Canada faux pas and Miles has some of the responsibility for depleting the line talent. But both O and E are on the throne now; it’s their job to fix it and they were not flawless Saturday. Neither was Aranda.

O had your heart from day one, I was mostly on board early, but to really turn the corner he needs to regularly exceed expectations. That is what I want from my football coaches - magicians, whisperers, miracle workers.

I think O is right there and has every opportunity to prove himself. If he loses 4-5 games I’m not going to call for his head (probably), but I damn sure won’t be singing his praises.

9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Tua has played exactly one more half of SEC football than Burrow. He seems pretty good.

The better question might be: Why is LSU in its third year of playing a QB that couldn't get on the field in the Big Ten?

Steve E at OC is a choice that no other real contender would have made. I cannot make sense of that hire for a team that is in its 10th year of offensive stagnation. LSU is like a basketball team that thinks 3-pointers are a fad because the 90s Bulls did just fine attempting 5 per game.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    LSU_4_LIFE and furduknfish like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

For the love of God, No more screens. LSU sucks at it. The sweeps suck only slightly less. Slow dev play action also a fail due to line control. Focus should be on quick pass plays up middle or RB/TE chips that give Burrow's slow release a chance. Teaching him to move up into pocket and not turn back to half field for 5sec would also help.