Top ranked Oregon women's basketball team defeats Team USA

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Nov 10, 2019.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't really follow women's basketball, but I thought this was impressive since Team USA is basically filled with pros and All Stars and they never lose. I don't know what it is, but they have a ridiculous winning streak in World Cup tournaments and the Olympics, so for a team of college women to beat them by 7pts is crazy. @GiantDuckFan your women's team looks pretty strong this year.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sabrina Ionescu, Satou Sabally lead Oregon women’s basketball to stunning upset of Team USA

The best college team in America beat the best team in the world.

:cool: I watched the game, it was fantastic, the sellout crowd of 11,530, was going nuts,.. really fun, competitive, and exciting

Team USA, beat No. 3 Stanford (95-80), No. 7 Oregon State (81-58) and No. 6 Texas A&M (93-63) by an average of 22 points over the last week.

It was only the second loss ever by the U.S. to a college program, (Tennessee, 1999) and their first defeat in any game since 2014

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    CajunlostinCali and fanatic like this.
  3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

4. GiantDuckFan

what's so funny, bub

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...-some-oregon-ducks-ahead-of-arizona-game.html

as No. 6 Oregon (8-1, 6-0 Pac-12) prepares to host Arizona at 7:30 p.m. Saturday (TV on ESPN).

“I intake on everything,” receiver Jaylon Redd said. “I remember right after when (Cooper) said he meant to hurt D-Mitch. Everything is noted. We remember everything from last year — every single thing that went on that entire game. This is going to be a grinder and we going to war this week like this is the best team in nation.”

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

The US women's team losing to a college team.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

was very special,.. the US team has won the gold medal, six Olympics in a row,.. and they are the three time defending World Champions

Ducks are a women's bball powerhouse now, the 2020 recruits sign in a few days, Oregon has five, 5* commits and are probable for a sixth

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Connecticut west.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

womens sports are played at such a low level that nothing really means anything. the teams perceived to be great actually suck

9. GiantDuckFan

... many people think baseball sucks, they make judgement and refuse to watch, thus are forever blind to its beauty

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

true enough, but i am talking about womens sports. they are played at roughly the level of good middle school males. the US women would be easily destroyed by 14 year old boys. perhaps you should check out the 14 year old boys if that is the level of talent that amuses you.

Bengal B likes this.