Top Billin' Breakdown of Max Johnson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Feb 18, 2021.

1. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

Would absolutely love for LSU to finally land a Manning at QB. Kiffen being at OM makes me doubtful. At OM, he would be a god the moment he steps on campus. That said, Geaux Tigers!

https://bustedcoverage.com/2012/04/...f-manning-way-in-honor-of-eli-manning-photos/

Brian likes this.
  2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I just don't think Manning comes to LSU, and if he does come then we would probably see some immediate transfers.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Eli Holstein is who we should spend our time recruiting. To hell with the Mannings. They are a great family and all seem to be great kids but none of the 3 kids every gave us a second look despite living here and making a living here.

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Eli already switched high schools to get away from Walker Howard. Hard to see him following him to college.

People think Arch is a pipe dream or he will be worried about sitting or worried about competition or the such.. I think we've got a great shot at him. Big time programs sign 5 star qbs sometimes yearly. I could see him sitting a year or two behind Walker then getting his shot. Peyton didn't intend to play early. Eli redshirted. These guys are gonna face attacked qb rooms anywhere they go that's contending. We're gonna see transfers at qb all the time from every program. It'll be the new normal.

I think Kiffin is a hindrance for Arch but maybe not.

Rolan likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If Eli is scared of Walker than I don't want him. QB's who don't have swagger or confidence should not be at a top 10 program. Manning aint coming to LSU.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He probably won't come to LSU but he's got swagger. He's a Manning.

Brian likes this.
  7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I would say that is a bad take more than likely.

The older guy is just better because his body is farther along, his understanding of the system is much further along. I wouldn't call it scared, just the facts when it comes to football for most players. I bet Manning was good enough to start, but Walker just gave the team a better chance to win at that time.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well the Mannings combined only beat us once during their combined college years and neither one won a college NC. Next to Joe Burrow the Mannings look good but not great. If this Manning really wants to come here great but won't lose sleep over it if he doesn't.

Rolan, shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

No no, Caleb Holstein played at St. Thomas More ahead of Walker. Then Walker took over. Eli Holstein transferred to avoid sitting behind Walker as Howard sat behind his brother.. in high school physical development is huge and rapid as was pointed out a full year of growth means a ton. Scott Holstein their dad punted at LSU.

It's not fear. It's just playing time. Think some got their Eli's mixed up. I was saying I doubt Eli Holstein wants to sit behind Walker again. This mentality that guys are afraid of competition is old fashioned mostly and not accurate of today's athletes for the most part imo.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/A...igh-quarterback-Eli-Holstein-offer-147983323/

Eli Manning has started day one at Newman..

Rolan likes this.
  10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

My exact point, better put.