Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 4, 2018.
I admit, it took me a while to see past the gayness,.. but Freddie was the best.
I don't deny his talent. I just hate their songs. Except for Another one bites the dust.
OH in that case. I have to think about who do I have every album of and why.
1. Bob Marley - There is never a bad time to put on some Bob.
2. Johnny Rotten - Sex Pistols. My first introduction to anger in music. It felt good.
3. Perry Ferrell - Jane's Addiction. Just one of the greatest bands ever at a perfect time in my life.
4. Scott Avett - Avett Bros. - If I have to pick one of the bros. first it would be him. Hit just at the right time in my life or I would have passed it over.
5. Joe Strummer - The Clash, until he douched out. Punk rock was the only music I knew back when people were listening to new wave.
6. Bradley Nowell - Sublime. Fused punk, reggae, rock, ska. His voice tied them all together. He died too damn early.
7. Bob Dylan - There is never a bad time to put on some Bob.
8. Amy Winehouse - She was the Adele before Adele was and my token female in the list. She died to damn early.
9. Zak Brown - He is my token country singer and he is the reason why I go with my wife to a country music concert and have to sit through Kenny Chesney.
10. Freddie Mercury is in here somewhere. He was great but not a big influence on my life.
I gotta put Bob Marley right up there. Also Mick Jagger and Willie Nelson. And Aretha Franklin. And Otis Redding and Barry White.
David Ruffin of the Temptations. Marvin Gaye, Al Green. James Brown.
old school man you are.
And Glenn Frey
Is Jim Morrison on anybody's list?
Paul Rodgers,.. for a while back then, I thought he was the coolest guy on earth.
*sniff* *sniff* I love you both, man. Lol
Freddie IS my #1 personal top lead singer.
After that I like a lot but ranking in no particular order....
Billie Joe Armstrong
I'd have to note that you asked for "lead" singer so I focused on people who fronted bands really and didn't include favorite singers who did their own thing for the most part.
I came to really NOT like him when he toured with Queen. He was awful but maybe it was just a bad night...it happens.