Tony Bell

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Ken Ross, Jan 29, 2004.

1. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

You're confusing Patrick White with Herman Johnson!

not physically of course lol. Big Herm did not visit that weekend and Hawkins was a mid-week visit. But I know that White was one of the 3 that reportedly committed that weekend, along with Bell. The 3rd escapes me, but I do know that neither Big Herm nor Hawkins were in that same weekend as Bell and White.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I read it everyday and didn't see that post, bet you can't find it. if you do than I'll owe ya a beer.

3. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Re: You're confusing Patrick White with Herman Johnson!

Well, like me you're partially right and you're also partially wrong. It was Patrick White instead of Lavelle Hawkins who was the other recruit that was reported to have verbally committed to LSU that weekend. Herman Johnson, Tony Bell, and Patrick White all visited LSU the weekend of 1/16 thru 1/18. So that would make the three that were reported verbally committed by Tiger Rag that weekend as being Herman Johnson, Tony Bell, and Patrick White instead. My bad! But I still hope that the Tiger Rag report proves to be true.

List of players that visited weekend of 1/16 thru 1/18.

4. DJ

DJ Founding Member

I have heard that LSU is probably out of the mix for Thaxton, and that he is now between Free Shoes U and UGA. That's too bad, since he looked to be a high character kid who would fit in well with Nick's program.

The buzz I have heard on Bell is that a couple of weeks ago, he was considered to be a lock for LSU, and that now he is completely up in the air. A lot of times, distance to school becomes a more important factor to a recruit as the time to make a decision draws closer, so I would consider Auburn to be our most dangerous competition for Bell. Auburn also has the dubious advantage of offering him a better chance at early PT. I'd much rather be in LSU's situation with Corey, Travis and LaRon coming back, even if it is a deterrent to some recruits.

As for Hawkins, Rivals said that they called him and he denied having already committed to LSU. Nevertheless, everything I have seen on him has him as a lean to LSU over Miami, so I would be mildly surprised if he did not decide to come to LSU.

5. max

max Founding Member

Bell is down to two schools. I do not know the two schools though.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bell is down to UGA and AU according to a Rivals posting, Thaxton has chosen FSU evidentally. We'll see, 2 goodones I would have liked to see become Tigahs.