Tonight : Gumps vs Ohio St ‘Sixers’

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Jan 11, 2021.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't go wrong with either of them.

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Agreed.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You don't really know whether Devonta has a better work ethic than Chase or not. Do you have a work ethic measuring stick?

4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Devonta has been in the public spotlight for a long time. His work ethic has been featured on several sports shows.

Where is Ja'Marr Chase? Last seen in the 2019 season NC game against a Clemson. January of the "Bad year".

Sports work ethic measuring stick? Yes. Play football & work your ass off..or don't. You don't win the Heisman Trophy as a WR by waiting for someone to pay you.

BTW. I've questined every Bama Heisman winner except Devonta, because he earned it.

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Yes, Smith didn’t quit on his team!

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's not a function of work ethic. He may have been working harder than anybody to get ready for the combine. I can't blame him for making a business decision that he felt was in the best interests of himself and his family

First, he already k owns he will be a high first round pick - barring injury. Second, there apparently was a toxic atmosphere on the team during the early part of the season due to players preference of being social justice woke warriors more than winning football players. Chase would have known that before any of us. Maybe he just didn't want to be a part of it

7. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Sell’em at Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Wally World. Longer one’s available for metric work ethic also.

furduknfish and Bengal B like this.
  8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Sorry Bengal B but I am not on board with the “ I can't blame him for making a business decision that he felt was in the best interests of himself and his family” crowd here on this board. Plenty on this board have also previously talked & complained about the “I/ME” generation. This “preparing* for the combine” bulls*** is quitting on your team and is a classic example of its all about me.

It’s hard to believe that an NFL GM would not consider this in the draft selection process. Will these kids quit on their team when times are tough (end if the 16 game schedule on a losing team, or after they just got that fat new contract). Smith, Najee Harris, Trevor Lawrence, and many others could have used this same excuse.but didn’t. I think it says a lot about their character, commitment to their teammates, their school, and their love if the game

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

NBC Sports newest mock has Chase to the Dolphins at 3 and Smith to the Bengals at 5. I assume they legit feel Chase is ahead, because there must have been the temptation to flip them just to re-unite Tua/Smith in Miami and Burrow/Chase in Cincy.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I need one of the longer ones, but I won't be measuring metric work ethic.