Tommy Tuberville is out as Auburn football coach

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

it's a sad day for auburn IMHO. I am surprised. Now ya'll know when I offer to bet that you should take me up on it.:yelwink2:
    I think we lose recruits and even some current players. The prgram will be set back so bad we won't even be competetive in the West for years. Ya'll better just find a better rival. We are goona be Tigah bait.
    I hope someone now fires our stupid AD Jay Jacobs. Since he has been the AD, he has run off the best swim coach in the country and baseball, basketball and now FB have become jokes.
    If you detect I'm pissed you are absolutely right:angryfire:angryfire

3 people like this.
  2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I just wanted to point out that islstl was correct that this was the year Bama replaced Auburn.
    I can't take the credit here but thats ok, I told my friend around the same time that Bama was risin and Auburn was fallin!

Let me just be the first to say that this move could be good or bad for the SEC and the west.
    I'm waiting to see, Auburn could go through quite a few coaches trying to beat Bama and the rest or they just might find the right
    guy to make the SEC and the west that much tougher.
    Heck, I think the SEC and the west is much tougher with Houston Nutt at Ole Miss.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well we have some pretty good rival posters on here and I understand they are not contributors but you'll just run them off. How many rival posters do we have that are contributors? Just a handful.

But then again, you guys are the moderators.

My suggestion is to make an SEC forum that non-contributors can participate in. One of the best things about this forum is our quality rival posters.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Doubt it. Looks like Troy has filled it class.

i apologize :)

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

We do that to all the visitors, whether they are contributors or not. Im doing my part in this thread.

6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I was shocked when I heard this. Like him or not, Tubbs is a pretty dayum good coach.

Auburn has a tough, smash-mouth defense every year.

The only thing I can think- Auburn put some feelers out and they may have someone in mind as a replacement.

Fulmer maybe?

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would feel the exact way that you do if I was an Auburn fan.

Your AD blows.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

First of all, I agree with this completely. The Den is about to be deader than dead for the next nine months, save a few basketball and baseball threads, along with NSD and spring practice. I think too many threads are being moved from The Den. Tuberville being ousted at AU is very much LSU news.

Secondly, AU is monumentally stupid to fire Tubs. As someone has already said, he's the only coach in the SEC who has consistently given LSU (under Miles AND Saban) all we could handle and more.

1 person likes this.
  9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

What a bad move.
    this is a knee jerk reaction to the Saban effect and one bad season.
    Tubbs was a good coach. he had Auburn UNDEFEATED a few years ago.

Man, this is really a poor decision. He is a great coach and someone will benefit greatly from their mistake and get a great coach.

take Tubs, you were a great villian and you will be missed.

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

:thumb: