ToldYaSo....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Terry this for you. Look don't want to argue anymore we just don't see eye to eye. I know you believe in what you are saying as much as I do and you mean well. I know you want the Tigers to win as much as I do.

Let's just see what happens as the season goes on hope I am right about E and our offense will be improved.

Deal?

Meaux

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Terry is 10000% gump. 10001% on game day.

TerryP, LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Oh then deal is off live and learn

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've never even hinted at a notion I didn't think LSU did well last year. It was better than I expected.

Since you prefer I stick to golf...

Bro, you're on the tee box on 1 and hit your ball in the rough on 9. This has nothing to do with the post you quoted. I'm not suggesting you're a broken record. I am stating you are physically picking up the needle and moving it back a few songs: the same ol' tune. It doesn't sync.

No. I'm not suggesting Burrow knew the entire playbook in the fall. Ensminger himself said in the summer that the spread was only halfway installed (50%, to quote him exactly.) For me to do so would be foolish. Or, to use a term used in this thread, intellectually dishonest.

I am saying your attempts to "handicap" what Burrow did know, how far along the installation was at the beginning of the fall, etc., is not putting 2018 in its proper context. In other words, the picture you're painting is abstract, at best.

Should Burrow be in sync with his receivers? Yes, to a large degree. That's what summer skel drills are intended to provide. If they weren't in sync, where does the blame fall?

Do I think another tight end would have made a difference? No. I do not. Moreau had 22 receptions last year with half of them coming against the likes of Rice, SE Louisiana, and La Tech. Depth, always an issue if injuries hit, isn't not something you can point to here when the position in question isn't utilized often. (We're talking about a position that accounted for less than 10% of total receptions and yardage on the season.) What does the back up bring? The same receptions and yards that say, Fournette supplied last season?

I'll say this. When it comes to LSU's opponents each week there isn't a team I'd actively root for (as in beating LSU.) In the regular season, there is one game where there's an exception.

It's my opinion my fandom has nothing to do with how I view a specific coach and his abilities (or lack thereof.) I do believe the move of Ensminger to OC was "Shula-esque." Some might use the term lazy. I don't. I picture it more along the lines of what Tubs did down at Auburn for years; keeping his "yes" men. Which, make no mistake about it, is understandable.

LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

All noted. As far as your opinion about Ensminger, one TE and Burrow being in sinc with his recievers the picture below is worth a thousand words.