ToldYaSo....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 16, 2019.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

He'd be right in this context. You've voiced your theories about Ensminger, they've been compared and contrasted to a brutal gang of facts.

Ya know, a six year old tends to repeat what they've seen and heard. Considering the brutal facts found on this page, in this thread...I'm left wondering ...

Over a year now and it's apparent you're still believing people hate Ensminger. It's far from the truth. People don't care for the product he has fielded on offense and a few hate that, but not him.

We are left with a undying defense of Ensminger in the pre-season of 2018 only to be followed by a cavalcade of "look what he was saddled with" in the pre-season of 2019. Last year you argued against the opinions "he doesn't know the spread offense." That argument, supported by history, is something you continued to ignore. And yet, here we are in the pre-season of 2019 and we're on the heels of Orgeron and Ensminger saying "let's bring in someone who knows the spread." Is this not a case of you ignoring history and seeing it repeated?

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

This paragraft tells me your football IQ is not that good. So were you expecting E or any other OC at the beginning of the 2018 season straddled with a QB not only new to the team but only had a fall practice to not only get used to and know his teammates along with his coaches but to learn our offense much less trying to install a new offense? In addition an offense that had pretty much new untested WR's one healthy TE and a thin injured OL. With all that did you expect E and O to install a new offense suited to a QB whom they both had no idea how his skills will fit with our team? Only a fool of a coach would attempt to do something so stupid as that.

Now that we know what we have in Burrow, have a healthy more experienced Myles Brennan along with a deeper more experienced WR corp, a 3 deep TE corp instead of one deep, a deeper better RB corp and deeper healthier OL corp and lastly a full spring and fall practice to install a new system yes put it in. O and E was very smart to wait till 2019 to hire Brady and properly install the RPO.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

To coin an old military phrase "what is the maximum effective range of an excuse "?

kcal and CajunlostinCali like this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

My IQ for running a cash register at the local gas station isn't that high either. And, to be quite frank, I'd accept that criticism from any cashier more readily than your assertion.
    No. I was not expecting such. You were. You stated such time and time again using links to an article written by SDS (referring to your hallowed 2016 season.)

All of these excuses digs the hole deeper. He knew all of that in his time at Auburn and yet, when given the reigns to the offense found himself fired. Why? He didn't, and still doesn't, know how to run a spread offense.

Am I reading this correctly? You're suggesting it wasn't a smart move to go to the spread and RPO concepts last season? But that was a #6 ranked team in the final AP poll. That was a team that finished ...

Geez, I believe this is the first time I've heard someone suggest it's better to wait to make improvements.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Impossible to answer in this conversation because the goal posts continue to be moved.

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Do you mean the "record setting one" lmao what've shit show.

This is what the mediocrity of Les Miles will get you. Throw a time or two to a TE and all of a sudden you have dug up the ghost of Run and Shoot.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bulletine! Bulletin! We had one scholarship TE to throw to last year. His back up was a WR. Had we had the magical run and shoot that would have destroyed Bama and pitted us against Clemson for the NC we could have yes thrown to our 1 TE..

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You actually think it's smart to install a new offense in fall practice? You simply don't do that if for no other reason because you need to know who your starting QB is and what his skill set is and if he can run it not to mention all the other issues we had to scrap that foolish idea. If thats your mindset man stay on the golf course and away from coaching football.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Just a few days ago you stated Burrow only had a few weeks to learn the playbook. A case in point of you not knowing what's going on within the program, much less how football programs work in regard to new players learning the playbooks (or offenses for that matter.)

The spread offense was not installed in fall camp. We knew what LSU was going with during the spring of '18. Ensminger even commented on the progression of installing said offense in the summer of last year. WE discussed its progression and the likelihood of success with Ensminger running the offense before the season.

It was not new in fall camp, It was not new to Burrow. But seemingly, this news is new to you.

What's happening now isn't a new offense being installed in fall camp. Brady's influence, specifically the plays he's incorporated, aren't new either. It's not something they are introducing in fall camp. If you, even for a minute, don't know these players have been practicing these new routes and concepts over the summer months in skel drills? Welp, goes to that football IQ label you like to throw around carelessly.

If you're suggesting basing an offensive approach on who your starting quarterback happens to be I'd say that IQ you speak of needs a boost. As example, LSU was going to the spread attack before we knew what Burrow would bring to the playing field. In fact, considering Ensminger was installing the offense in spring camp of 2018 when Burrow announced his transfer in May demonstrates a staff changing offensive philosophies without knowing who the quarterback would be.

...and then

The gang of facts grew larger.

TigerTap likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Don't know what offense you saw us run last year but is wasn't the wing T, the single wing, the wishbone or the power I. It was the spread and O and E did what they could with what thay had. We couldn't run the RPO we only had one healthy QB and even the spread was limited because most of our WR had limited experience and recieving ability which was obvious last year. As far as installing the spread yes E did thinking it would be Brennan. Unless you have forgotten Brennan was hurt and not at full strength at the start of the year. Do you really believe Burrow was in sinc with his recievers and knew the whole playbook etc from first game on or was it learning as the season progressed? Do you think having only one serviceable TE hindered our offense or it didn't matter? Do you think have different OL starters in 6 different games hindered our offense or it didn't matter? Don't think so.

Really don't know what football team you watched last year but seems it wasn't the Tigers. The team I saw did very very well with what we had.