To the Brennan critics

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

27 points against MSU equals x against Bama? Nothing I saw from our offense indicates we’ll be able to move the ball against better defenses. All I can do is hope E and Brennan get better.

There aren’t many Leaches in the SEC.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this loss was on the coaching staff. what was the offensive game plan in the 1st half? why rpo concept with no chance mb runs? where were the seam passes against the 3-3-5? where were the passes that helped mb to settle down?

i suspect many of the players (+staff?) thought they'd roll their helmets out on the field, take a lap, then coast home with a W. moo u came in and whipped their asses, plain and simple....

i also suspect O and Bo simply would not switch to zone, trying to prove the scheme correct. O hasn't been shy about proclaiming this D head and shoulders above the 2019 D, and has been very happy up till now. Why no adjustments?

Hard to imagine vandy as a big game, but it's become one....

i believe we'll see a much better mb against vandy

lsu-i-like, COTiger and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Pretty tough to go zone with a backfield of kids that don't have much playing time together. Zone would have produced significant gaps, finger-pointing, and the same if not worse result. Gotta believe there was a specific approach with the stinger in, but hitting the ER the night before shot it all down. I'm not making excuses for 623 yards, but the cards were stacked before they ever hit the tunnel.

Coffee all over the screen. Asshole.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

There will be after last week.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Re the defense, thanks; makes sense. Time to move on, and let's hope there's improvement in week #2!

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

At least you would stop the home run with zone. Instead we gave up big play after big play. It needed to be done.

7. CajunlostinCali

True, but with way too much inexperience and undisciplined gap assignments, those home runs would have opened up. You gotta imagine this was practiced and failed? Walk-in touchdowns and the same if not worse result is likely what they expected. At least they had a fighting chance in man. Them boys were gassed in the 2nd half according to MSU receivers saying that's all they heard from our DB's and corners.

Again, I'm not making excuses, but there has to be some kind of logic for just sticking to man and I think they saw a bigger nightmare in practice.

A lot of folks pissing and moaning about how Bo doesn't adjust. I disagree where in his last stint in BR, he was famous for half time adjustments.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

what adjustments did bo make to help the secondary Saturday? 623 yds???

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

Generally speaking. Pretty sure you saw that as the implication

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

There was nowhere to go