TNT was right all along

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Mar 29, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hear, hear jet.

she still coaches this team you clueless wonder.... too bad you are an alum and don't know this.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sue's illness is bronchitis. I am just now getting over an almost month long case of bronchitis myself. I have felt like S**T but its not so bad that I couldn't work. If I had been a basketball coach I still would have been able to continue coaching even though it sapped my strength and made me feel like I was drowning every time I exerted myself even slightly. Why couldn't Sue do the same thing and suck it up? When I was younger I even played basketball will suffering from bronchitis.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

are you freaking serious? you are questioning this woman after pouring her freaking LIFE into LSU? Some people.... I'm sure you know the severity and degree to which she is ill, too. pathetic.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Not to sound insulting, because Sue's great, but she is no spring chicken. She's 64 years old. As you get older, you become much more susceptible to the negative effects of any disease, particularly a nasty respiratory ailment such as bronchitis. Have you ever had a parent or grandparent afflicted with bronchitis or pneumonia Bengal B? Take the bronchitis you had, and multiply it's negative effects by a factor of 10. Then you can understand how it feels to be "old and frail." I've heard from other sources (people who closely follow the Lady Tigers) that Coach Gunter has actually been feeling like crap since last April, but never sought medical attention and time off for her ailment until it got so bad that doctors ordered her to take a sabbatical. She would definitely be on the sidelines if she could, I'm sure.

After 23 years and 681 wins and, like tirk said, devoting her life to Lady Tiger basketball, I have no problem giving Coach Gunter some time off to regain her health. We would not be going to this Final Four if it were not for Coach Gunter's years of tireless service to LSU.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

If you're so damn great with all this heart, why aren't you still playing?

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Last night, they said that Sue Gunter is 3rd in all-time women's basketball wins. She should NOT be ousted, Pokey Chatman does have the inside track to the head job when Sue decides to retire, and this is Sue Gunter's team.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agee totally Stacey, we shouldn't even be talking about this.

GEAUX TIGERS

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU, you just made the nimrod list.

9. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

And all this time I thought nobody gave a rat's ass about women's basketball! Silly me. I wonder where I got THAT idea from!! Congrats to the lady Tigers and geaux all the way!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

10. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

No one makes it alone!

I was glad to see Pokey deflect all the attention towards the girls. If you have ever accomplished anything sports or otherwise you quickly realize that no one does it alone. All of us have had someone "lift lids" for us so that we could acheive what we have. Sue Gunter to her credit has been able to step back and allow her proteges to excel. That IS the mark of a great leader. It sort of reminds me of Smoke coming back to LSU the last year that Skip coached the Bball team. This is great on the job training for Pokey, and she's got a chance to do some exicting things. I thought she should have found a remedy a littel sooner for that tall GA center who seemingly scored at will and the guard who bombed 3's all night. By the way, if LSU makes all the lay-ups they missed last night, the score is never even close. Very intense win by the Lady Tigers. First time in the Final Four, I'd say Women's basketball is on the rise.