TJ Finley?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeInLa, Sep 20, 2018.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

why so upset any time someone mentions the obvious? lose to troy and moo u by 30 and the confidence doesn't ooze out of every tiger fan's pores

winning cures a lot and he's won them all....good for him and them

let's see if the Tigers can look like the 6th best team in the country tonite

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree, there are some concerns, and we all want them to improve in those areas. Also, agree that this is a fan board, and something needs to be discussed to have interaction, and not all will have the same opinion or agree on everything. But, if you focus on the last paragraph, Caca makes some good points. You are one of those people who bring up Oeaux's record at OM quite a bit, and now will not let go of the disappointments of last season despite us currently being 3-0 and #6. Now, you say, we need to play like we're #6. A win isn't good enough, we have to win big and impressively. Most of what Caca is saying is that it isn't always that easy, and fan expectations should be more level. Some will never be satisfied.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you're right a win isn't a win....if bama beats sela by 30 bama overlooked them because of their track record

It's not about satisfaction it's about building and I hope that ed lays the foundation that can compete with them again. we'll know more about the foundation tonite. will the Tigers play like they're #6? sure hope so.

I bring up his record because that's what he is, as we all are.... a summation of our record. at LSU he is 17-6. I've congratulated him when he's done well, eaten my share of crow, and slept well this season but to say the jury isn't still out is simply wrong.
    past performance shapes perception and is generally a good indicator of what's to come and ed has some winning to do to walk that back a bit. a sold out Tiger Stadium, a raucous crowd, and a convincing victory will help.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

All great points. Agree fully.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just a simple question; we beat Aub on a last second field goal, was that a convincing win?

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Did Clemson look like the # 2 team in the nation against A&M? Did Wisconsin look like the # 5 in the nation against BYU? What does the # 6 team supposed to look like in today's college football with 25 scholarship limits? Are all those coaches bad coaches?

Just asking.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

yes, no, no

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Here we go with the condescending tone... lol.

I was on the front line of folks supporting the O hire (every other option was too costly or had as many, or more, unknowns; plus O’s interim stints outweighed the OM blight in my mind). I still support the hire.

You supported the Miles’ dismissal, so I’m not sure what you don’t understand about good wins, bad wins, good losses, bad losses, the value of your career achievements, and your current trajectory. It’s a complicated algorithm, there is more than just black and white. That’s true when Dinardo is your coach same as Saban or Miles or O.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    LSU_4_LIFE and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

18-6

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Why is it condescending pointing out your views and facts? Just looking at your post and telling you what I see. I see you about ready to put O back on the hotseat if we lose tonight or don't destroy them. Also gave you examples of why wouldnt other coaches be on the hotseat using your thought process about that issue.

I supported Miles for longer than most and he was a damm good coach and was given a long time here. I turned on Miles LF7's last year. That's when I realized he was too stubborn to change and we had no chance ever to be SEC champs ever. Like Cholly he coached himself out of a job.

This hotseat crap is just that. I see no reason what so ever to be pulling out the hotseat card at the first bad game or a loss. You had that attitude last game. Wish you would put the hotseat card back in the deck for a while back your coaches and your team and understand that Tech and every other team wants to beat the crap out of us. We may get upset tonight we may upset Georgia. A&M scares me. Moo U is a very very good team. WE ARE NOT ALABAMA YET.

Give O 4 to 5 years before you start pulling out your hotseat card.